Chapter 38

The ground shook as the barrier disappeared. Just like Hades had, Uma had been able to feel the wave of magic hit the Island. The golden shell around her neck pulsing with the energy. Or maybe it was her heart beating against her chest where the shell hung. She couldn't tell, her mind racing, trying to process what just had happened. As Uma looked up at the clear, blue sky; Harry, Gil and Celia jumping around her with happiness and excitement, there was only one thing that came to mind. 
     "Where's Myra?" Her question was directed at Celia, who was the only other person who was aloud in and out of Hades's cave. 
     The girl didn't notice the question, too wrapped up inside her own world- and Gil's arms, who where jumping around together. 
     "Celia!" Her raised voice did get not only Celia's, but also Harry and Gil's attention. The two stopped jumping, looking at Uma with questioning eyes. 
     "Where's Myra?" The Captain repeated herself.
     Celia shrugged. "Don't know, with Hades?" 
     Uma wanted to command her to go get her Cousin, but she couldn't take this moment from her, nor from Harry and Gil. Neither could she just leave herself, as the unofficial leader of the Isle kids, Uma felt obligated to face the Queen of Auradon.
     From on top of the balcony- or what passed for a balcony on the Isle- the young woman could see Mal and her VK's, standing on a balcony in Auradon. Something stirred in Uma. It felt wrong to celebrate without Myra. Even as the music started to play Uma turned and sprinted towards the left stairs, only to be stopped by Harry who hooked his arm with hers and got her to turn around. "What the hell!" She bit at him. 
     "Hate to break it to ya, Lass." Harry whispered, close enough for Uma to feel his hot breath against her ear. "But your services are required. We can't show up at Auradon's doorstep without our Captain now, can we?" 
     There was a soft growl in the back of Uma's throat. "But Myra-"
     "Will find her way to us, she always does." 
     Hating the heavy feeling in her stomach Uma had to agree with Harry. The woman pulled her arm away from him and turned to face Auradon. 

🐾●°●🐭●°●🐾

Myra followed Hades as he walked through the streets and back alleys of the Island. The God, now back at full power, walked with a new found purpose and confidence. While Myra, feeling completely powerless, walked with a sour expression and hanging shoulders. 
     There was music in the distance, music and voices all singing in harmony. Myra didn't need to be there to know everyone would be dancing with each other as well. The girl hated that she couldn't be there with her family and friends and instead was following behind the most powerful villain around (maybe except for Maleficent, but no one really knew what had happened to her), not knowing why they had to wait so long before heading for the bridge. 
     As the two came closer to the edge, more and more people surrounded them. Most not even noticing them, until Hades lit up his hair and everyone hurried out of their way. Hades chuckled contently while his hair flared down again.
     "Is all of this really necessary?" Myra asked, the two walking out from under the tunnel and into the light of the sun. Myra squinted her eyes a little, already forgotten how bright the light of the sun actually was on her eyes. Lunch even retreated to the safety of her chest pocket to get away from the brightness. 
     "Ow, Mirabella." Hades cooed, looking out over the bridge, his nose pulled up slightly due to his squinted eyes. "A good entrance is half the work." The man sat foot on the white stones of the bridge, continuing in his determined pace. 
     Myra and Lunch exchanged a look. "If you say so..." She said eventually, also placing her first step on the bridge. It was weird for Myra to walk over a bridge that wasn't sparkly gold and half see-through. Even the spirals that went around the bridge had become white and solid, though there still where golden sparkles surrounding it. 
     As Myra came closer to Auradon her chest tightened. Everyone she cared about was on the other side dancing and celebrating. Her body ached to join them, but she had to stop herself for if she didn't, Hades definitely would and she really did not want to find out what the chains would feel like right now. 
     No one had noticed the two approaching over the otherwise empty bridge. Not until Hades spread his arms and raised his voice.
     "Am I invited to the wedding?" 
     Mal and Ben, who had been standing not that far away, turned their heads as quick as they could. Smiles disappearing the moment they recognized Hades. 
     "Hi, Dad." Ben spoke up, unfortunately for him his brain had spoken before it had thought about it's words. Leaving him stammering. 
     Mal's smile returned as she made her way to her father and embraced him. 
     "Myra!" Myra's attention got drawn away from the father daughter couple, her own face lighting up with a smile as well when her cousin raced to her to throw her arms around her neck. Myra stumbled back to keep balance as she pressed her cousin closer. "See this? All my plan."  
     Myra chuckled. "Don't you meen our plan?" 
     Uma let go, still keeping one arm wrapped around her shoulder. "Yeah, whatever. We're free! Isn't it amazing?" She exclaimed through a laugh. 
     The blonde swallowed, faking a smile. "It is." Just not for her. She had only escaped one of the two prisons she had been stuck in. 
     Completely oblivious to Myra's thoughts, Uma started to pull her cousin with her into the direction of the crowd. Only Myra didn't move, causing Uma to let go of her. The girl's smile faltered. "Ya coming or what?" 
     Myra didn't respond, she just looked up at Hades. Who was looking back at her with a side eye. Mal and Ben picked up on the situation and looked between the girl and God with anticipation. 
     "What are you looking at me for?" Hades said with a raised eyebrow. 
     The blond straightened her back. "Well, Master. Am I aloud to leave your side?" 
     "Stop calling me that, I don't own you." 
     Myra looked at the man with more suspicion than ever. "But... you do?" 
     "Have you not been paying attention?" Hades questioned and when Myra still seemed clueless he rolled his eyes excessively. "And here I thought you were more intelligent than the average infant." The man mumbled before putting more volume in his voice. "Hell, Myra. The barrier is gone! All villains go free. contract fulfilled, la die la die la. You're free." Hades lazily raised one hand and snapped his fingers. The blue chains appeared around Myra's wrists and neck, but for the first time they felt cold against her skin. With two clicks the metal opened and fell to the ground, rattling as they did so. 
     Myra stared at her hands as realization hit her. "I'm free?" She mumbled to herself. 
     The blonde jumped up and down before engulfing her cousin in a second hug. "I'm free!" This time it was her who was erupting in laughter. Of course Uma joined her cousin's state of mind, laughing with her. 
     "Thank you." Myra beamed once she had turned to the God again. "Thank you so much."
     "Don't thank me." Hades answered, his arms crossed over his chest. "If it was up to me your soul would still be mine." 
     Myra smiled at Hades before Uma pulled her with her towards the crowd. 
     Hades watched as the two girls ran off, there was an adoring smile on his lips which did not escape Mal's notice.
     "Thank you." Mal said, looking at her father with a knowing look in her eyes. 
     The God erased the look from his face as he turned his attention to his daughter. "I don't know what you're talking about." 
     "Yes, you do."