Chap 17 - Broken Luciano and the fight

Aerowyn's pov
__
____________

I was washing the plate and the glass when I felt warm breath on my neck. Startled, i turned around only to come face to face with a chest. The scent of blackberry and vanilla with a hint of rain filed my nose.

I felt a shiver raise in my body even though it doesn't have the same effect as before.

I looked up, my eyes dark gray eyes. I narrowed my eyes at him. "what d-" i was interrupted.

"please Aerowyn. Please give me a chance. Just one last chance. I'm begging you. Please." Luciano said pleadingly. He sounded so heartbroken. It made me sad. But not as much.

"no. You had your chance. You blew it away yourself." i said. "i would have given you a chance if it was only the rejection you gave me. I don't care about the times you slept with those bitches either. Yes, it hurts. It still does. But i would have given you if you chan-"

"i have changed, Aerowyn! I don't sleep with them! Not anymore! I swear to god! I do-" he tried to say.

"i know you don't sleep around anymore. If you do, I would have felt it. But that's not the reason I can't forgive you. The reason is-" this time i interrupted myself. I gulped.

"-the reason is because you tried to- rape me." i inhaled sharply and looked down so that he can't see the tears.

Rape.

I hate that word. I hate it so much!

I took a deep breath trying to control the tears which worked. I looked up at him. He had his eyes closed. Pain evident on his face.

I wish I can forgive him. But it's not easy.

He opened his eyes and looked down at me. Tears were brimming in his eyes.

"that's my biggest regret. Trying to- rape you. It kills me everytime I think about it. It kills me. But I know, it will hurt you more than it does to me. I'm so sorry Aerowyn. I don't expect you to forgive me for trying to rape you. Because even I can't forgive myself." he said softly. His voice void of any emotion.

"i couldn't be a good mate." he muttered closing his eyes again. Tears started to form in my eyes again.

"i couldn't. I was too selfish to realise the treasure I got. You are such a treasure I got to cherish."

"I was too selfish. I don't even deserve your forgiveness. I really don't. I should have been there to stop your brothers, sister, your parents and- everyone from hurting you. I'm ashamed of myself. I- should have protected you. I- should have. I'm so sorry." he sighed and opened his eyes again.

I looked down at my hands, not wanting to show him my tears. "i can't give you a second chance, Luciano. I can't. But- but maybe... maybe one day, I can forgive you. One day. Maybe. But don't expect me to treat you any different than the others. You all hurt me." i said.

I pushed him away as I felt like I'm going to burst into tears, i walked away from him and wiped the tears away before leaving the kitchen. I went to the dining room.

I saw Kail playing with his shirt buttons. I pout on his face. As if sensing me he looked up and gave me one of his charming million dollar smile. Instantly the sadness in my heart left and filled with love and happiness. I smiled at him brightly.