CHAPTER 72

We need to learn to be patient with life as we are patient with our teachers', cause we might learn from school but we experience it in life.

The car comes to a stop in front of Aayan's house and Aayan gets out. He goes to the other side and opens the door for Ruhee. Aayan offers his hand and Ruhee smiles at him placing her hand in his as she get's out of the car. They walks hand in hand towards the front door, 'For some reason it feels odd.' Aayan hears Ruhee say. He looks at her and asks, 'Why?' 'Don't know.' She replies. Aayan nods his head and holds his head straight, 'Maybe because, when you came last time it was a different situation and this time it is a different situation.' Aayan says, 'And both the times I came as your wife.'Ruhee adds with a snicker. Aayan couldn't help smiling.

They reach the door and Aayan opens it for her. Ruhee enters first and looks around the house, it was decorated with flowers and curtains. Aayan closed the door behind him and said, 'Ammi's doing.' 'She didn't have to do this much, it's not like it's my first time here.' Ruhee says, 'I am welcoming my daughter-in-law, of course it had to be done in a speacial way.' They here Sahma's voice say and look to that direction. Sahma was standing in front of her room smiling. Ruhee smiled at her as she walked over to the newly wed couple.

Sahma places her palms on Ruhee's cheeks, 'Welcome Home my beautiful daughter-in-law.' Sahma says looking at her face. Ruhee saw tears glisten in her mother-in-law's eyes and her eyes also watered, 'Oh god, I can't handle so much tears in a day.' Zubair's voice resonated from behind. Sahma let out a laugh at her annoying nephew, 'Ow.' Zubair screeched and Aayan looked at him to see his Shifa Aunt slapping his head.

Serves him right for ruining the moment.

Sahma held Ruhee as she bought her to the living room to sit down. Aayan followed behind and sat next to Ruhee, 'You both must be exhausted with all the photographs taken. Zainab, bring them some water.' Sahma says to them. Zainab brings them water and they accept it. They gulp it down like they haven't had water in ages, 'Waah! If this is the treatment a married couple get's then I also wanna get married.' Zubair says as the couple places the empty glasses of water on the table.

'You need a bride for that dear brother, and you don't have one at the moment.' Zainab says to him, teasingly. Zubair scowls at her, 'I do have a bride in mind but unfortunately my bride doesn't know that she is my bride yet.' Zubair says under his breath, 'What did you say?' Zainab asks him. He looks at her startled and stammers for a bit beofre saying, 'Whatever.' Everyone just stares at his odd behaviour while Aayan just shakes his head at his friend. Sahma looks at the clock and says, 'Oh, look at the time. Why don't you two go up to your room and rest for the day.' They nod their heads and get up to go upstairs. Ruhee was finding it hard to climb the stairs in her lehenga so Zainab helped her.

Aayan was about to follow when Zubair pulled him to a corner. Aayan snatched his hand away, 'What?' Aayan asks. Zubair had a mischievous smile on her face, 'Someone is eager to go to the room.' Zubair teases him. Aayan gives him a bored look, 'Okay, listen.' Zubair says getting closer to him and whispers, 'I heard that girls share everything with their friends and especially besties. So, make sure when Ruhee shares anything with her friends, it's all good.' Aayan pulls away from him and asks with a confused look, 'What?' 'I mean, you are my close friend. So, in a way we dictate each other.' Zubair says but Aayan still looked confused, 'Ruhee's friends need to have a good image of me in everything, especially Afza, it's good for my future ya know.' Zubair said with pride while Aayan stared at him with disbelief.

Why am I friends with this idiot again?

Aayan just turned around and walked away, up the stairs and to stand infront of his room. Aayan saw Zainab walk down while he was climbimg up, which means Ruhee is alone inside. Aayan was feeling anxious for some reason. His hands were sweaty and his heart was palpitating. He took a deep breath and opened the door. As soon as he entered the room, Ruhee turned around to look at him. Aayan was completely mesmerized by how gorgeous Ruhee looked today, he just wanted to frame her like this in her mind. Aayan closed the door behind him and stood there.

The couple was standing awkwardly in the room in the awkward silence. No one looked at each other properly. They just kept looking around the room randomly,  'Oh My God.' Aayan heard Ruhee say out loud and he looked at her. Her eyes were pointed to something and he looked at the direction and smiled. He looked back at her and asked, 'You like it?' 'Like it?' Ruhee walked wide eyes to the new bookshelf with loads of books, 'Oh Aayan, I love it!' Ruhee said, admiring the books, 'And they are my favourite books or the books I wanted to read.' She exclaims. Aayan smiled as he said, 'I am glad you loved the surprise.'

Ruhee turned to her husband and threw her arms around him, 'Oh, Thank you, Thank you so much.' Aayan was surprised for a moment but soon took her in his arms. He squeezed her to himself leaving no gap between them. They stayed like that for a moment then Ruhee pulled back. They were still in each others embrace and their faces were so near. The smile on their faces came down as they realized their close proximity. They quickly let each other go as if they were on fire. They stared at the ground, roof, anywhere but not at each other.

God, this is so awkward.

'I'll go freshen up.' Aayan says and without waiting for her reply, he walked into the walk in closet and into the bathroom to get changed. Aayan stared at himself in the mirror.

Calm down, Aayan. It's not like it is the first time you are with her in the bedroom alone.

Yeah, but this time it is different.

Shut up, conscience.

Aayan took a deep breath and went out dressed in a t-shirt and sweat. He walks out the closet to find Ruhee missing. He looked to his right and a smile grazed his lips. Aayan walked over to the bed were his beautiful wife had fallen asleep. He kneels beside her and stares at her face. He let's out a laugh, he was feeling all nervous and awkward and here is his wife, sleeping peacefully. Aayan frowns seeing how Ruhee had not even removed her jewellery and hijab. Aayan slowly pulls out the pins from her dupatta amd scarf to free her hair. Aayan had done this before once so he didn't find it that difficult.

He slowly pushed his hand under Ruhee's neck so that he could remove her neck jewellery and he successfully removed them. As he was placing her head back on the pillow, he froze in place. Ruhee was moving and she turned her face to her right which caused Aayan's hand to get stuck. Aayan closed his eyes and let out a silent sign. Somehow or the other, Aayan was successful in freeing his hand. He got rid of the other accessories and placed it on the bed side table. He went into the closet and came back with wet wipes.

I don't know much about makeup, but sleeping with make up on will not let her skin breath and it might harm it aswell.

Aayan cautionsly placed the wet wipe on her face which caused Ruhee to shiver for a moment but she didn't wake up. He some how cleaned the make up of her face and finally laid next to her. He stared at her sleepy face. He still couldn't believe that he was finally married to her. Aayan closes his eyes as exhaustion takes over him and he falls asleep.

What a first night!