Proof That Tony Stark Has A Heart

{Chapter Seven}

Abby had still been struggling at school but hadn't skipped any classes

Abby had still been struggling at school but hadn't skipped any classes. Tony couldn't help but worry about her, she had laid in his arms crying when he asked her about it and yet he didn't really understand what had scared her so much.

So, he did what any other father would. He hacked the school security cameras. He watched and saw every time somebody shoved her, tripped her, or threw something at her. He watched as each time something happened Abby seemed to disappear, it seemed to be just for a second but every now and then it would last longer.

Sighing Tony picked up the phone and called the school.

Abby was called to the principal's office. She made her way through the corridors avoiding anyone else arriving at the office.

"Abigail. I have your work for the next couple of weeks. If you need any more time then just have your father let me know so that we can assign more. What you are doing is a great thing." The principal smiled at her.

"Thanks, I guess," Abby replied, "Can I go for my bus now?"

"Of course."

Abby sat on the bus confused. She decided to ask her father about it when she arrived home.

"Welcome home, Miss Stark. How was school?" Jarvis asked as she entered the house.

"It was... strange." Abby sighed before making her way downstairs to find her father.

When she reached the bottom of the stairs she saw her father hovering over the cars, before flying over the desks.

"Could be worse! Could be worse! We're fine! Okay." Tony's voice yelled out as she watched, he hadn't noticed her so it was clear he was assuring himself. Once he had landed he looked over at Abby to see her stood there, wide-eyed. "I can fly."

"Cool!" She smiled.

"How was school?" Tony asked, with a knowing smile.

"Strange. Mrs. Reilly sent me home with work for the next few weeks because what I am doing is great. I know I get good grades but I don't know why she would do that, do you?" Abby stood with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I may have made a little call and told her that your services are needed elsewhere," Tony smirked.

"Where?"

"The first charity that came up when I clicked search." Her father shrugged.

"Dad!" Abby scolded him.

"What? I'll make a generous donation in your name when you go back to school." The man defended himself, "Now do you want to talk about charity work, or do you want to see the suit?"

"Suit." Abby smiled.

She watched her father standing in the suit. She could hear him muttering to Jarvis from behind the mask before he took off flying out of the workshop and into the night sky.

Abby had a bright smile on her face as she sat in the workshop turning back to the table and taking out a piece of paper to draw on.

She sat there waiting for her father to return for half an hour beginning to get tired. Just as she was about to nod off she screamed herself awake, frightened by a loud bang. She looked up to see the suit her father had been wearing laid on a now crushed car, beneath a new hole in the ceiling.

"Daddy!" She yelled running over to the suit.

"I'm okay." She heard the man say from behind the mask.

Once Tony had removed the suit he made his way over to where his daughter stood staring at the destroyed car.

"What's up?" He asked when he saw her frown.

"Nothing." She smiled up at him before yawning.

"Yeah, it's past your bedtime," Tony spoke before picking the girl up and carrying her up the stairs and to her room.

He waited as she changed into her pajamas and brushed her teeth. When she entered the room again she climbed into the bed and laid her head on the pillow. Tony walked over sitting by her.

"Daddy, why did you tell my principal I was doing charity work?" The girl asked causing her father to sigh.

"You know, I missed you so much while I was away, I decided I wanted to spend more time with you," Tony told her only half lying.

"I missed you too," Abby whispered causing Tony to smile at her.

"Go to sleep, Munchkin." The man whispered kissing the top of the girl's head before getting up to leave the room.

"Night, daddy." The girl whispered through a yawn.

"Goodnight, Abby," Tony called as he made his way to his workshop.

Once the father reached his workshop he took an ice pack from the freezer before making his way to get his drink from the top of a box wrapped in brown paper.

He walked past the table before turning back to look at the box that had a sticky note stuck to it.

From Abby and Pepper

He pulled the sticky note off before unwrapping the present. What he found caused a soft smile to grace his face. The Arc Reactor he had asked Pepper and Abby to help replace was surrounded by the words.

Proof That Tony Stark Has A Heart.