3 9 | J U L I E T

In PE during the team's basketball practice, Pari was excessively aggressive in the game and I was annoyed when she sent the ball flying at me when I least expected it one too many time while constantly throwing glares at me. She was starting to overreact a lot but I was going to let it slide for now.

After school, I rode to the restaurant Colin worked at and saw that Kaan was already waiting for me on the steps near the back.

I swung out of my bike and removed the helmet, shaking out my hair. Kaan stood up and approached.

"You wanted to talk?" He asked, not meeting my eyes for more than a few seconds.

"Yes, no one followed you, right?" I asked, looking around to check.

He shook his head and I gestured for us to take seats on the steps. We sat next to each other and he fiddled with the chain of his bag.

"I'll get straight to the point. I plan to drag down Maira, reduce her to the same level of ridicule as she did with others. I don't plan to show her any mercy. I want her ruined. That's my intention."

His eyes widened, clearly shocked by my blunt confession. "W–Why are are you telling me that? Aren't you afraid I'll tell her?"

I smiled. "I believe you are a good person, Kaan. I know you didn't willingly get into their group. It was to survive them."

"Yes, I told you that but did you really believe me?"

"I see no reason not to. I think I can detect lies very well and my lie detector–" I tapped the side of my head, "–is telling me that you're also a victim."

Kaan's eyes shown brightly. "Tell me what I should do."

"I want to know how far you are willing to go to help me."

His eyes trained down at his shoes. "I'm selfish, Julia. I run away at the first sign of trouble. I'll help as long as they won't get wind of this."

I nodded. "That's fine. I just need you to tell me everything Maira talks about, her plans, her relationship with the other three boys, whatever that she says that you think is important for me to know."

"Okay, but how do you plan on exposing her? I have to tell you, Maira's dad is influential enough to suppress anything that you might report to the school."

"The best proof is a video evidence, of course. And we need lots of it."

"How are we going to record her bullying kids? She'll know in a heart beat," he said with knitted eyebrows.

"That's where I need you," I said, turning to my bag and digging for an object. I whipped it out, showing it to him.

"A pen? You want to write something down?"

"No, silly look close." I said, pointing to the tiny camera lens that was inconspicuous enough to not be noticed unless observed carefully.

"Whoa," he said in amazement, leaning forward to examine it causing our heads to bump into each other. He looked up at me, our faces suddenly close.

I was instantly reminded of our kiss last night. Kaan jerked away from me as if I had electrocuted him, not even being subtle about putting space between us.

I cleared my throat. "Anyway, you have to keep this on you at all times! You absolutely cannot forget it, even for a day. The more evidence we gather, the better."

"Uh, okay," he said, taking the pen from me and sticking it into his shirt pocket, turning its head for the lens to face the front.

"Good, remember to click the top to start recording. Anytime Maira bullies anyone, I want it recorded. Do not give this pen to anyone."