13 | Rules For The Room

Y/N

_

HEY GUYS, it's me again.

[y/n].

The girl who's currently pacing around the school's corridor in boredom, waiting for Harry, Ron, and Hermione to meet me for our next class. We usually walk together, so I don't know why they're so abnormally late, and it's kind of freaking me out a little.

Considering this bloody school has a dungeon, a snake chamber, a restricted third floor, and a hidden room, it's extremely possible that they might have died along the way.

"Well, isn't this unusual?" A snarky voice said from behind me, "I never thought I'd catch you alone outside of the Room of Requirement."

pleasekillme (that wasn't a spell, although it would work perfectly in this situation).

Spinning around awkwardly, I stopped pacing to stare at the Slytherin-boy that had somehow crossed my path. Unlike a few hours ago, this time he was wearing his uniform robes, a leather satchel hanging off the tip of his shoulder. 

Personally, I think he looked better in his grey sweats and green t-shirt.

Not that I was thinking about that, anyways.

"I actually have a life outside of meeting you places," I frowned, "what are you doing here, anyways?"

Classes started in ten minutes, and I'm pretty sure the courtyard wasn't anywhere near whatever class he had. Slytherin studies were supposed to start on the left side of the school in the morning. 

This was the right side of the school.

"Why do you care?" He shrugged, "I just thought I'd stop by."

"And do what?"

"Does no one ever say 'hello' to you, [l/n]?" He scoffed, "I'm offended you'd think I had anything else in mind."

Accio bucket, because I'm about to melt into the ground in embarrassment. Of course I didn't think he'd mean anything else, but I was just suspicious of him. Really, really, really suspicious.

Of him.

"I don't care if you say hello, Malfoy," I scowled, "I'm more focused on figuring out what Moody's up to to care how you approach me."

Draco frowned, "'is everything about this task to you?"

"Everything involving you."

"Loosen up a little, darling, not everything we do has to be work related."

Darling?

I don't curse, but I definitely feel like my stomach is swearing at me in a jumble of curses and threats. I didn't get butterflies, like many would think, I got sharp knives that would stab me if I ever thought about something reckless.

It's called trust issues; and I have them because Draco Malfoy is a bully. He's been a bully for the last four years, and just because we got paired up for a job, doesn't erase everything he's done.

"As suspicious as Moody is, I quite enjoyed seeing you as a ferret," I said, changing the subject, "how did it feel to be trapped in my hands?"

Draco didn't even hesitate.

"The same way you feel when you're trapped under mine," he smirked, acknowledging the first day in the Room of Requirement, "although you might enjoy it more."

"Piss off, Malfoy," I hissed, "I don't enjoy anything about you."

Well....I'm not going to lie to myself.