Getting It All Out

Sukara had gone straight back to her room, keeping her head down and trying not to get the attention of anyone she passed. She had succeeded on the most part but her sudden departure of the dining room had made Kuvira worry enough to come and find her once she could get away from the after dinner chatter.

"Hey," Kuvira said, gently pushing open Sukara's bedroom door, "are you alright? You didn't eat anything at dinner."

Sukara didn't answer, she just stayed facing the bed. She was scared to look at her, her emotions were running high and she didn't want to cry.

"Hey," Kuvira said again, this time reaching out for Sukara's hand, "talk to me."

"This hurts," Sukara said quietly, her voice was shaking a little as she turned to face Kuvira, "what we're doing this hurts. I can't keep watching him fawning over you. You say you still care, you act like it when we're alone but he's still there. I want to believe it when I fall asleep with you holding me but it kills me when I wake up and you're not there. "

"Yeah, it really hurts doesn't it," Kuvira snapped, letting go of Sukara's hand.

Sukara's built up anger began to fade into guilt, "I'm sorry. I will always be sorry for that, I should have done it better, I should have explained it to you, but I just wanted to keep you safe."

"You don't get to decide what I go through for you," Kuvira told her rather forcefully.

"I know, but I couldn't see you hurt again," Sukara said softly, "I knew you'd want to help and Vaatu could've killed you."

"He could've killed you too," Kuvira's voice was sharp, her emotions from Sukara leaving flooding back, "he nearly did. Do you have any idea how much you scared me?"

Sukara went quiet again. Her eyes were soft, sad and full of guilt. She could feel the tears in her eyes as they threatened to fall.

"But you came back," Kuvira said, her tone softening as she reached up brushed her thumb across Sukara's cheek, "people who leave me don't tend to come back but you did. You did and you faught for me even when I told you not to."

"It's because I love you Kuvira," Sukara told her, lifting up her hands to cup Kuvira's face, "more than anything, more than I should, but I do."

"More than you should?" Kuvira asked, a concerned frown on her face as she pulled out of Sukara's hands.

"You broke my heart, I told you that I loved you and you told me never to speak to you again," Sukara said, stepping back. She was frustrated but not with Kuvira, but by the whole situation, "I should have hated you, I should've stayed away from you but I didn't. I was moving on with someone incredible and I threw it all away because I wanted you so much, because I loved you too much."

"I'm not sure how to take this," Kuvira said, backing away and sitting on the nearest chair, "your confusing me."

"I'm confused too," Sukara smiled softly as she knelt down in front of Kuvira.

"Are you angry with me?"

"More with myself," Sukara almost whispered as she rested her hands on Kuvira's knees, "I didn't want it go like this. I wish we could've fixed this on our own. If I controlled myself better, if I hadn't fallen into someone else the second I felt alone."

Sukara pause for a second and Kuvira leant down and rested her forehead on Sukara's. Both closing their eyes and holding onto each other.

"You're all I want Kuvira," Sukara told her, stroking the hair out of Kuvira's face, "you ripped my heart in two but I'd gladly give you both halves if you asked. If you love Baatar I won't get in your way, I'll just leave. But I can't keep on like this, I need you to choose. Because I don't want to feel like this anymore."

"Let me fix this," Kuvira whispered, giving a gentle kiss as she spoke, "please, let me fix this for you."

Kuvira kissed Sukara one last time, stood from her chair, and left the room, leaving Sukara to crumble onto the floor.