31 |

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT AND VOTE!

I wince as my neck pulses the next day, throbbing from the pain of my mates bite. After Paxton had bitten me, it is all kind of a blur. I'm not sure if I passed out because of it, or if I was just delirious from the bite and couldn't remember very much.

I do remember Paxton cradling me into his chest, and picking me up bridal style. Naked, he walked us all the way back to his place. Our place.

I remember blood.

It was dripping down my body, past my nipples and flowing down my stomach. There was so much blood —and when I got a look into Paxton's eyes, I saw wolf.

He looked insane; his most primal and animalistic side had come out. No one had been near while he cradled me back, but I'm sure if we had seen someone it would not have ended well for them. He was twitchy, and had a sort of crazed look in his eyes.

The next day —today, was not much better. He kept me close all night, crushed against his warmth. I didn't mind that so much.

However, I was slightly concerned at his behaviour. Once I had waken up, I was staring into the eyes of Paxton. His wolf. He had been watching me, his nostrils flaring at my scent which surely had mixed with his own.

His hungry eyes slightly turned me on, and once I saw them darken —I knew he could smell my own growing arousal for my mate. I clenched my thighs together tightly.

We didn't get out of bed for a while.

~

Wincing once more as I step out of the bed —my neck was hurting and the tender part between my thighs. Paxton was reluctant to let me go from the warmth of his arms, but the sticky mess between my thighs and the dried blood from last night was urging me to bathe myself.

As I step into the bathroom, flicking the light on, my eyes slightly widen at my own appearance. Standing naked in front of the mirror, I can now easily see every inch of my skin.

There were small love bites everywhere. Bruises and blood from my breasts to my thigh. Paxton did not hold back. He was savage —he was brutal. He was also tender and sweet.

My perfect mate.

Finally, my eyes capture the pulsing and fresh wound where my neck meets my shoulder; the mate bite. I was a fully mated woman now.

I turn to the shower, opening the glass door and turning the temperature to what I desire. I stick my hand underneath, feeling it, before I take a step in. Only a few moments go by before I feel my mate slide in behind me. I close my eyes as I feel his muscles and strength pulling me against him.

"I'm here to shower," I remind him as I start to lather soap on my body.

"I know," Paxton growls as he starts to kiss down my neck. "I'm here to help."

With that, he takes the soap from my hand and starts to wash my breasts, and then my stomach. He brings his face down, into the crook of my neck and inhales.

"Goddess," he exhales. "I can't get enough of you."

~

We finally managed to untangle from one another and made our way to the pack house. We were clean, showered, dressed and now ready to go about our day.

My first official day of being Luna of the North Redridge Mountains Territory. Paxton, in all his glory, couldn't wait to show me the ropes.

I was not to be a trophy wife, or someone who sits by to look pretty. I was his equal in every way — and he damn knew how to show it.