|18|

TOGETHER AGAIN

Eva and Harry were sat in Mcgonnagall's office, Eva had calmed down a bit, she had been munching on some biscuits the transfiguration teacher had given the two.

"We're just waiting on your parents, Potter" Mcgonnagall confirmed.

"Is it necessary I stay professor?" Eva asked raspily, not wanting to have a run in with the family. Harry looked at the brown-haired girl next to him, reviewing the information his father had recently told him.

"Yes... you were part of this attack" she nodded sternly. Lily and James Potter came rushing inside the office, frantically.

"Harry, sweetheart. Is everything alright?" Lily questioned running up to her son kissing his forehead.

"Thank god bud.. you're fine" James sighed.

The two parents noticed another figure in the room, knowing it to be the face of Eva Smith. Although she didn't look herself, her face tear-stained and a look of trauma evident on her face.

"Eva?" James asked.

"Hi Potter" she mumbled, the two adults took a seat next to their son, confused.

"As you know Pettigrew broke in, we believe he thought Ms.Smith was Harry and attacked her instead" Mcgonnagall began, a look of confusion graced Eva's face.

"Anything to add Smith?"

"He acted as if.. as if he knew me" she started, The Potter's gulped and Mcgonnagall had a look of knowing, understanding it was no business of hers to get involved with the families affairs.

"He kept saying he knew my mother, that all Slytherins should join him. That she should of joined him but hell I don't even know her" Eva frowned.

James' heart was pumping quickly, the thought of Eva finding out so soon scared the life out of him.

"Who?" Lily questioned daftly.

"The dark lord" Eva whispered, the room became silent before Eva spoke again.

"So no I don't think he mistook me for Harry but if Harry hadn't of found me. Who knows what would have happened" it scared Eva even to think of the possibility.

"How is it you found Ms.Smith ,Potter?" Mcgonnagall enquired. James smirked knowing his son wouldn't be able to get out of this one.

"Pure luck.." Harry smirked, stuffing the parchment further into his pocket.

"Harry is in danger" James concluded.

"Eva too" Lily added. Eva smiled a little, they included her too.

"Yes which is why the castle will be taking extra precautions from now on"

"But professor what does he want with me?" Eva inquired. Mcgonnagall glared at James Potter.

"We aren't sure yet but we will find out" she spoke lying through her teeth.

The family of three stood outside the door, hugging Harry. They were glad he was safe, it was moments like this that reminded Eva she was alone, Lily looked at the girl sympathetically.

"Everything okay darling?" Lily asked the teenage girl, grabbing the attention of her two boys. Eva huffed painfully.

"Same shit, different day" she began to stalk off alone..