32

When Dream woke up, he was groggy and altogether unhappy over waking up in general. He'd woken up plenty of times in the middle of the night and was altogether restless.

He glanced over at George and felt a smile grace his lips.

He sat up and rubbed at his eyes, drawing away quickly when the sharp point of his shattered mask met his hand. He hissed and shook his it, he looked at it with a flat stare, expecting to see nothing, instead he saw a cut. Admittedly, it was rather small, but there was still something.

He sat there dumbfounded. He could've swore last he checked, his skin was impenetrable. He was snapped back into reality when George peaked over his shoulder and gasped.

" I thought only stupid sharp or really blunt things could hurt you. How did that happen? " He asked in a tone full of concern. Dream shuddered.

" I thought- I- my mask. I was cut by a sharp edge on it. " He said as he took off his mask and stared at the edge. It still looked flawless and sharp as ever.

Even then. It shouldn't have been sharp enough to cut him. He felt panic flood his mind as he stared blankly between the mask and his hand, he was trembling.

George frowned and wrapped him up in a hug. He was slightly unsure of what to do. He'd never seen the imp in this sort of condition.

" Eret. " He whispered, nudging the angel on the couch beside him, snoring away.

" Eret. " He said a little louder, panicking when he noticed a tear streak down Dream's cheek. He shook the man more violently and he awoke with a start, opening his mouth to complain. But he shut up before he could even talk, staring at George, confused by his look of fear.

" What's wrong, George? " he asked as he sat up quickly, he fell silent again when he noticed Dream. " What's going on? "

" I don't know. He cut his hand on his mask and is freaking out over it. " George answered, not daring to raise his voice above a frantic whisper as he gently ran a hand over Dream's ear. The imp didn't seem to mind when he did it normally, so he was hoping the motion would help.

" Dream, Dream buddy. " Eret said as he crouched in front of the blonde.

He shook his head and stared at Eret, taking a deep breath.

" wh- what? " He glanced at George as he came back into focus. He glanced back at Eret. He didn't dare look at his hand again.

" C- Can you just bandage this, pl- please. " He asked as he shut his eyes and stuck out his injured hand. He heard Eret mumble an okay.

" You're okay, Dream. " He heard George mutter, pressing his head against his shoulder.

" I know. I know. " Dream said. He jumped as Eret took his hand and began to clean it up.

" I- I'm sorry. " He added after a heavy silence.

" For what?" He felt George sit up and opened his eyes, looking up at him with puppy dogs.

" I've been in so much trouble since I met you. I didn't- I didn't mean for any of it to happen. " Dream said.

" No. " George said firmly. " If we hadn't gotten caught, we wouldn't have been able to spend so much time together, plus I get to hang out with Sapnap again, and we saved Eret. " Dream considered his words before giving a small conceding nod.

" Thanks, George. " Dream mumbled.

He leaned against the Brit and heard thumping, he glanced up and saw sapnap walk down the stairs.

" Hey Mamas. " He hummed. Blinking when he noticed the solemn atmosphere. He frowned. " what's going on? "

" Nothing. Nothing. It's okay. " George spluttered quickly.

" I am just being a big baby over a cut. " Dream hummed, shaking his hands, feeling mildly annoyed by the dulled stinging sensation.

Sapnap snorted. " Okay. " he huffed, meandering into the kitchen and trying to decide whether or not he wanted cereal or toast. Eventually everyone gravitated over there.

They all settled at the table, munching on their respective food, Dream delightedly shoveling down cold cuts while the others passed around a box of cereal and then milk.

Dream glanced down at his bandaged hand. He'd finally gotten rid of his other bandages and here he was with fresh ones.

He tilted his head thoughtfully before going back to eating.

Quiet chatter and laughter filled the air. Dream gave a content sigh. He was glad he had his friends. They were like family.

He turned slightly to George. He couldn't deny the feelings that had bloomed over time. But the mere thought made him flustered. His tail flicked to and fro, he fiddled with the tip of an ear, running a hand through the scarlet fur.

He gave a wider smile, glancing up when his name was mentioned.

" What? " Dream asked, confused. George chuckled softly.

" I was talking about how Patches is at your feet begging for food. " He hummed, pointing to the cat, who was indeed, staring up at him with rather angry puppy dog eyes. Dream's expression softened and he took three slices of his cold cuts and handed them to the feline, who chirped and trilled excitedly.

She was quick to tear at the pieces. Dream was amused, he rarely gave the cat so much of his food, but he felt she deserved it. She'd been a saint lately despite being a literally demon ghost cat.

He ran a hand over her back and she purred loudly.

He didn't know what was happening to him, but he was happy at the moment, and he wasn't going to let his sudden weakness stop that.

Hehe I post another chapter. Sorry about technically not posting yesterday. I was tired :')) 

also Cressie I stg 

Y'all have all permission to gently attack her  for killing the author. 

Cuz this woman shared around the disc server aGaiN in a server I oWn. 

I'm bouta throw hands dude. 

Love y'all!

Moony <3