Mugglified Samhain

It was October 31st, and Harry was sitting at the Ravenclaw table, pointedly not eating any turkey or drinking pumpkin juice, elegant features hiding the disgust he felt inside for such a Muggle celebration.

He understood welcoming Muggles into the Wizarding World, but instead of teaching Wizards Muggle traditions, teaching the Muggleborn and Muggle-raised the traditions of the Wizarding World made much more sense.

After all, this was a Magical school, a school where magical subjects were taught.

Magical History was one of them, although Binns insisted on drilling about Goblin Wars and nothing actually necessary.

Binns had to go, and Harry would make sure of that.

During the school year until Samhain, nothing interesting had happened, well, nothing interesting for Harry.

Just like in his previous world, Rose, his so-called counterpart became the youngest Seeker in a century and led Gryffindor into a close victory against Slytherin on her first match.

Harry would be lying to say she wasn't skilled, but it would be an overestimation to call her a genius.

A prodigy, maybe, but she had been taught since young, so she was already experienced.

It wouldn't be egotistical for him to say that his first go at Quidditch had been much better, albeit ending with him nearly swallowing the Golden Snitch.

That didn't mean she was good, though. Spotting the Snitch within a half-hour was still something to be proud of.

Not something to brag for days about, though. The green-eyed boy was quite sick of her arrogant tone as she acted out her victory the fiftieth time.

Just as he remembered, halfway throughout the feast, the doors slammed open, Quirrell rushing in and yelling about a troll in the dungeon, then passing out.

Harry was quite impressed by the level of his acting, albeit fainting and falling forward was a bit too much.

As the Hall erupted into chaos and Dumbledore ordered for the perfect to take the students into their common rooms, Harry couldn't help but scoff.

Both Hufflepuff and Slytherin common rooms were located in the dungeons.

And he told that so, with a Sonorus spell so that it could be heard, causing the students to quiet down.

Dumbledore shook his head as if disappointed.

"There are secret passageways the staff have access to that are safe," he said as if it was obvious.

Harry couldn't hold his face from distorting into an annoyed expression.

Right. And the perfects were aware of those passageways. Also, he had just called all of the Professors to search for the troll.

What a load of bullshit.

In the end, the Houses were escorted by their Heads, and the remaining staff went looking for the troll.

It would later be found out that Rose Potter and Ron Weasley had managed to knock the troll out with its club in the second-floor girls' bathroom while saving Hermione Granger, who had been crying there since morning due to being insulted by the pair during their Charms class.

But the tale would be told the next day, and for the rest of the night, Harry would be found missing, that is if he was actually searched for.

And since nobody had searched for him, seeing as he was present when they arrived to the Ravenclaw common room, neither would anybody notice that every single of his roommates were Confounded for the rest of the night.

{}

After the whole mess with the troll was over, Harry snuck out and went straight to the seventh-floor corridor where the Room of Requirement was located, and entered the room, willing for 'a room nobody else can enter '.

He had brought the necessary equipment for a Samhain ritual and followed the instructions from an ancient book he had found in the Restricted Section of the library, after sneaking in at night around a week ago.

He had never done any rituals before due to being accompanied by his so-called friends, who were strictly against anything less-than Light.

They ignored the fact that this ritual was a gift for the Magicals by Magic herself, and that it greatly cleansed and boosted one's magic and soul once done.

This ritual was specifically made to connect with one's ancestors, at the night where the Veil between Life and Death was at its thinnest, and gain peace by honouring them.

The only reason the Light was against it was because it was classified as 'Ritual Magic', which the Ministry considered Dark, therefore forbidden and illegal.

Truthfully, without rituals on days like Samhain and Yule, magic weakened, having been used to its brim and not renewed, and more Squibs appeared each generation.

The Light ignored that fact, acting like Dark magic was the worst that could happen to the Magical Community.

In the end, magic was only Dark or Light due to their intent.

Curses with long term damage or high fatality rate were considered Dark, but that as irrational due to a simple Diffindo being just as effective to kill someone.

Yes, Dark and Light magic existed, but the only difference between them was that Light magic focused more on willpower and Dark magic on strong emotions.

It was why Dark magic was easier to get addicted to, but if one had strong enough willpower, they could easily conquer the addictive feeling and cast Dark spells like a simple Wingardium Leviosa.

Harry was snapped out of his thoughts by the feeling of his soul separating from his body, and warmth touching his body, flashes of memories filling his head.

He instinctively understood that he was experiencing his ancestors' lives, and although he understood very little from the flashes, the warmth they gave behind we're like welcoming hugs, making him smile in pure happiness.

He hadn't felt such warmth before, and the feeling of such strong familial love was enough to make him relax, and even leak tears of joy at the feeling of being cared for.

When he opened his eyes hours later, he felt entirely renewed, both in magic and soul.

As he stood up and left the room, the embrace of his family never left him, and the warmth stayed for the whole night, even while he slept.

When he woke up, the feeling was gone, but the memories remained. The small but genuine smile on his face was thankfully not seen by anyone, and Harry wished that Samhain would happen again soon.

He couldn't wait to feel that warmth again.