5.17

*unedited*
Important News: For those old readers who liked the original unedited and want it back, I'll be updating the unedited chapters on a separate account over the course of my winter break starting November 25th, when I will also tell you the account and post a link. It's a while from now, but it's the only time when I am free since I won't have homework for a month (perks of being on a quarter instead of a semester system)! It will be on a separate account as I do not want it on here. This is because I want to reflect my better writing, and it will be easier for readers to separate it from this story if they do not read it or not like it. It is also because if the original unedited ends up causing any trouble, it will be on another account that is not really used so it won't be a loss. It will only be the first arc, as that is really the only arc that was "majorly" changed. I tried my best to adjust to hear everyone out, so hopefully most of you respect my decisions!

Wu Gang dramatically fell into the seat in an act of subtle rebellion and insubordination. The guard escorting him gave him a warning look, but Wu Gang only threw him a challenging glare and rolled his eyes as he propped his legs up on the tiny desk in front of him. He made a grand display of motion as he grabbed the wired telephone connecting to a glass window and held up to his ear as the man on the other side waited calmly but with an aura of cold and irritated impatience for the time wasted.

If he wasn't so useful, I would have done away with him by now, the opposite man growled inwardly as he lightly grabbed the other telephone and brought it to his ear with a gesture that showed disgust of the damn thing.

"Anything out of the ordinary?" the man spoke as soon as the guard turned his back on them a little ways off.

"Nothing, except that the so-called bribe you promised me is already taken," Wu Gang glowered. "You said that in payment of me coming here, I would be able to get Yang Bo for whatever I want. I can't do that when that guard dog is all over him."

"Guard dog?" the man raised an eyebrow.

"Hou Feng," Wu Gang gritted through his teeth. "Apparently, your sources weren't good enough and left out the little fact that Yang Bo and Hou Feng had a thing going on."

"Hm, very intriguing," the man tapped his fingers on the desk. "At least now I know why Yang Bo is still alive. This helps immensely, indeed..."

"Hey! Good for you that you got what you wanted, but what about me? I didn't get myself arrested for nothing with no pay," Wu Gang hissed.

"Sparing your life should be good enough," the man replied disinterestedly as he looked down on him, his nose twitching in condescension. "But I think I know something that would suffice. Little Yang Bo seems to be popular in the prison. I'm sure if you get into contact with Crusher and a few others who are interested, you can all think of something and do as you wish. I can even help orchestrate it...only if you are successful. I need a few certain people to show themselves, and I believe Yang Bo is the key, if my hunch is correct."

"What do you have against Yang Bo?" Wu Gang sneered.

"Oh, it's not him I'm against. It's the fools he unfortunately decided to ally with," the man waved a hand in dismissal. "But that is neither here nor there. Now, if you want to get revenge on Yang Bo, listen very carefully..."

******

"Dammit!"

"What is it?" Lu Jian suddenly came to Xu Shen's side, bags under her eyes for how late she had stayed up with Xu Shen to find out what organization Wu Gang affiliated with for a sponsorship.

"I still can't find anything," Xu Shen said blankly. "There's. Nothing. To. Find."

"What?" Lu Jian exclaimed, turning her head abruptly to stare at Xu Shen.