20

Faline walks into Chemistry before taking the desk with her name on it before looking down at the exam paper.

"Allison" Scott stops in front of the girl who ignores him.

"Mr. McCall," Mr. Harris says. "Please take a seat"

Scott sits in front of Stiles and Faline who both nod at him in greeting.

"You have forty-five minutes to complete the test," Mr. Harris says. "Twenty-five percent of your grade can be earned right now simply by writing your name on the cover of the blue book. However, as happens every year, one of you will inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover and I'll be left yet again questioning my decision to ever become a teacher. So let's get the disappointment over with. Begin"

Faline begins circling her answers as she eases through her test before she closes the page.

"Miss Michaels there's no way you can possibly be finished," Mr. Harris says and Faline holds out her test paper.

They both get distracted by Scott running out of the classroom.

"Mr. McCall!"

Faline and Stiles quickly follow only to find the corridor empty.

"Scott?" Stiles shouts.

Faine spots Scott's bag and picks it up. Stiles presses his phone to his ear and they hear a faint ringing in the distance. They follow the ringing to the locker room and hear the shower running.

Cautiously the two teens make their way towards the shower to find Scott in his gym shorts.

"Stiles I can't-" Scot says.

"What's happening? Are you changing?" Stiles asks.

"No. No. I can't breathe" Scott chokes out and Faline helps Scott sit down, before kneeling on the floor next to him.

"Here use this" Stiles says, handing Faline the inhaler which she shakes before handing it to Scott.

"I was having an asthma attack?" Scott asks after his breathing slows down.

"No you were having a panic attack," Stiles says. "But thinking you were having an asthma attack actually stopped the panic attack. Irony"

"How did you know how to do that?"

"I used to get them after my mom died," Stiles says. "And I've helped Faline through a few. Not fun huh?"

"I looked at her and it was like someone hit me in the ribs with a hammer," Scott says.

"Yeah it's called heartbreak," Stiles says. "About two billion songs written about it"

"I can't stop thinking about her," Scott says.

"Well you could think about this" Stiles says. "Her dad's a werewolf hunter, and you're a werewolf so it was bound to become an issue. That wasn't helpful. Dude, I mean yeah, you got dumped and it's supposed to suck"

"No that's not it," Scott says. "It was like I could feel everything in the room, everyone else's emotions"

"Your senses are heightened," Faline says. "It's because of the full moon. Once you get the hang of it you'll be able to properly sense the chemosignals that emotions produce"

"So we'll lock you up in your room later just like we planned," Stiles says. "That way the Alpha, who is your boss, can't get to you either"

"I think we need to do a lot more than lock me in my room," Scott says.

"What, you mean because if you get out, you'd be caught by hunters?" Stiles asks.

"No," Scott says. "Because if I get out, I think I might kill someone"