Chapter 21: Two diamond rings

She was falling from oblivion and yet suddenly she was saved by her angel in disguise. He caught her in his arms.

He has always been like that, loving, kind, gentle, the list could go on.

The things she absolutely hated about him was just for those very reasons.

Once she had opened her eyes and seeing the once again familiar hospital room, she could do nothing but groan is exhaustion.

She remembered what had just happened....

A few weeks ago, she didn't know why but no matter how many times they said she had leukaemia, it didn't feel like it, or maybe her mind refused to believe such thing.

That was, until a few days ago, someone had sent her papers, proving that, she was indeed sick, but it wasn't leukaemia. Ever since she was a child, her body was weak, and she did have symptoms that could've lead to leukaemia, but, it's seems as if, the more she takes the medicine, the more she's feels sick.

She didn't want to tell anyone, and she had asked taehyung to check out what was happening, only for the both of them to find out that, she had a sickness, but it wasn't leukaemia and it was easily curable, the coughing of blood and the constant fainting was due to the mismatch of the medicine that her doctor gave her and her actual illness.

And it had caused such an effect on her body that now, it may have been as deathly as leukaemia after all.

Taehyung had investigated the matter and found out that for some odd reason, someone was pretending to be her doctor, someone was sending actors payment for their "roles" and "medicine" to give her.

She felt sick to her stomach, and she didn't know what to do. She felt like she was gonna break down any moment. She thought she was dying.

You can't remove that mindset from someone, especially when in reality they were perfectly healthy.

She thought that she couldn't breathe, she felt like she was grasping for air that wasn't available.

And then a knocking came on her door, "a letter came miss, it seems as though two of your friends had gone to send them"

"Thank you"

Two letters were in front of her. It wasn't any of the letter process that the elites had used which made her realise it was such trivial matters.

She opened two of the letters and she felt like her heart dropped dead for both.

"I don't regret anything except for the fact of having the chance to love you as I do now, so I'll wait"

and the other read

"You must truly love him, I see it in your face whenever he's around, so I'm letting go, I'll always love you dearly, I think it's better this way"

Both of the letters had only the initials of the person. Both with the letter '-J' at the end of each letter and she didn't know how she could be even more unlucky.

How was she supposed to know who these came from. She had assumed one of them was from Junhoe but the other...Jim- no...

But she couldn't help but feel like there was a possibility it was him.

She stood up and before she knew it a pang of headache had hit her and the next thing she knew was that her vision was spiralling and it all went black.

And before those moments, she felt someone catching her and a glimpse of his strict and sharp jawline and black hair was the last thing she remembered.