forty-seven || doing the wrong thing, for the right reasons

the song for this chapter is "BAMBAM," by Angie and Harrison First :)

   Harry

    "So, are you going to tell me what the fuck this problem is?" Whit snapped, looking at me as if I were a madman, and I don't blame him. I could tell by the way that Whit and Tate were staring at me, and how Niall was glancing at me in the rearview mirror, that I must have had that crazy look in my eyes. 

   I took in a deep breath through my nose, and slowly exhaled through my mouth, before replying.

  "It was a setup. All of it. The alliance was bullshit, everything was bullshit. We have been played to the fullest extent of the word," I began, and Whit looked as if he were ready to kill the first person he saw, and unfortunately, he was looking right at me.

  "Tell me you're fucking joking, Styles. Tell me you're joking," he begged, his voice rising in volume with each word that left his lips.

   I shook my head slowly and watched as a million emotions flashed across Whit's face. I could feel Tate looking at me, but right now, I really needed to focus on Whit. I glanced at her quickly and nodded at her and she slowly nodded in response, relaxing in her seat a bit.

 "I'm not joking. It was all a setup. We are lucky that we noticed that something seemed off when we did, otherwise, Abel might be dead right now," I admitted, and I heard Tate suck in a sharp breath at my words. 

   Whit reached up a hand and tugged at his dirty blonde hair anxiously. "What the fuck happened? What made you realize it was a setup?" He asked, and I knew he was just having a hard time processing everything, and I didn't blame him. 

  "Quinton and Grayson have been working together against us since they discovered that we had come into contact with the software. And apparently, they've had their eyes on Tate and her mother for even longer," I sigh, hesitating as I glanced over at Tate, dreading looking at the horrified expression on her face. 

 Whit scoffed in disbelief. "Great, so we've basically just been doing all of their work for them this whole time?" 

 I nodded and looked down at my lap, wishing that Abel hadn't been in danger, so that I could blow those fuckers to pieces.

 "So, the software is gone. That's it," Whit sighed.

   I felt my throat tighten up and I felt Tate's eyes burning into me, and I cleared my throat before I spoke.

  "Not exactly..." I trailed off, still staring down at my lap. 

 I flinched as Whit's hand lightly smacked my knee, commanding my attention, and I begrudgingly looked up at him.

 "Styles, what the fuck do you mean by that?" He asked with a warning tone.

 I let out a big huff of air and looked at Tate, and she nodded at me to continue.

 "First, you have to promise not to blow my fucking brains out. Because, honestly, you should be thankful that I lied to you, otherwise, we really would have lost the software," I begin, and Whit closed his eyes and sucked in a sharp breath, before slowly letting it out. 

   "I promise. Styles, you know I couldn't kill you even if I wanted to," he admitted, and gave me a small smile, "You boys are like sons to me, I can't imagine losing even one of you, even if we had lost the software, I'm just glad you all made it out alive," he continued, and I instantly felt a weight being lifted off of my chest. 

    "Okay, thanks, Whit. So, there were two journals for the software, one that belonged to Tate's father, and the other that belonged to mine," I began, and I watched as Whit's eyes widened.