T E N

Summer at the Potters.

June 23rd.

It's been a little over a week since school ended, summer so far has had no high lights, but I do have two months left so that's okay. Today I decided to sleep in for longer than normal, the rest of my family went out to do some errands.

I ended up finally leaving my bed at 2 pm. I go downstairs and pour myself a bowl of cereal before going to the couch and turning on the TV. I clicked through the channels while eating my breakfast trying to find something fun to watch, which as usual, there wasn't much, I ended up just watching muggle news.

After eating I curled up with a blanket in the recliner chair with a new muggle book Dumbledore gave me, Prince Caspian, It's apart of the Narnia series and I already read the first ones earlier this year.

I hadn't realized how late it got, it's like I was sucked into the book and lost all track of time, and I probably would have kept reading if it wasn't for the phone ringing. I sighed as I set my book down then walked to the kitchen where the phone was hanging on the wall.

"Potter residence," I said in a monotone voice.

"Hi sweetie it's your mother."

"Oh hi, mom, when you guys getting back?"

"Well we missed the last train because of the heavy traffic so were going to be staying the night."

"You could just, I don't know, Apparate back?" I said sarcastically.

"we could but staying the night gives me an excuse to stroll the city another day, I'll get you something." She giggled.

"Alright, fine by me, I get the house to myself. Im gonna throw a rager." I joked.

"Very funny, Madeline."

"I know." I smiled.

"Alright, there's food in the fridge or you can order something, we'll see you tomorrow, I love you."

"Love you to tell the boys the same." I hung up the phone.

I walked back to the couch and began to read again for two more hours, it was now 9 o'clock.

"Prince Caspian, you are one heck of a charmer," I Said as I sat the book down for the night.

I went to my fridge and scanned for something good to eat. I ended up pulling out leftover spaghetti and just heating that up, I took the bowl up with me to my room.

~

While eating I decided to write to my friends a short letter.

Dear Alyssa,

It's me, Madeline, so far nothing exceptionally fun has happened in my life, and not really much I want to update you on. I was just writing to see if you and Cammy want to make plans soon, my life is so boring without you two, anyways let me know asap.

-yours truly.

and

Dear Camilla,

I just wrote the same letter to Alyssa. Do you guys want to make plans soon? I miss you both and my life is meaningless without you *exaggerated sigh* let me know when you're free!

-Love, Madeline.

p.s. I just got spaghetti on my shirt.

p.s.s I just made it worse trying to rub it off, rip shirt.

I went into my brother's room and handed my letters to his owl, "have at it, Kings." I said as I opened his window.

~