34: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 34

On Sunday morning I was woken up by the shrill ringing of my cellphone blasting ‘Give Your Heart A Break’.

I moaned, rolling over under my comforters and reached to my bedside table where I had placed my phone the previous night. Bringing the phone to my ear I didn’t even get a chance to say anything before I heard Piper’s excited voice. “Please tell me the date went well!”

I smiled to myself as I opened my eyes, adjusting them to the light that was seeping into my room from my open blinds. “I’ll tell you everything, just please let me sleep for now.” I begged, still half asleep.

I fell back into bed as Piper replied. “Oh! Please tell me you weren’t up all night with Jett!” she said jokingly.

Too tired to deal with my best friend at the moment, I gave a short reply. “I’ll talk to you later.” I said, not giving her time for another sarcastic response before I hung up the phone.

After shutting down my phone so I wouldn’t get any more unwanted calls I put it back on my bed side table before slowly drifting into dreamland once more.

That day passed quickly as Piper didn’t actually end up calling me again throughout the day. I had forgotten to turn my phone back on so around five ‘o’clock I ventured upstairs to boot it up but I had no missed calls. It was strange but I figured that Jay had come around and kept her company. Plus, I think she said something about having the late dance session tonight so I didn’t question it.

That night, my aunt, uncle and I all sat down for around the table to eat dinner as a family. Mary informed me that Max had called that afternoon telling her that his night had gone great and Kara had loved her necklace. He also had wanted to talk to me apparently but, due to my lay in this morning, I wasn’t actually awake when he called so he just told Mary to say hi.

We hadn’t touched on the subject of Jett, which I was actually grateful for. Thinking back on the night before I could remember the cute little things Jett did, holding my hands, ordering for me, paying, and most of all; the kiss. If either on of them were to mention his name I would have probably turned the colour of a tomato.

After dinner I had helped my aunt in the kitchen, cleaning up and putting the dishes into the dishwasher before heading up to my room. I guess with all the extra excitement of this weekend the fact that I had a bit of homework seemed to have slipped my mind.

Dragging my backpack to my head, I took out my calculus and biology binders, along with my pencil case, dumping it all on my bed before getting into a relaxing position and actually starting the homework.

The work only took me about 45 minutes as I had about four smaller calculus problems to solve and a half page essay to write about what adenosine triphosphate was and some of the things it did for our bodies.