SEVENTEEN

warnings: mentions of drug use/drug addiction, mentions of vomit
i don't wanna hear any bullshit about y'all not being beautiful—ALL of you are beautiful and deserve the world.

"I can't believe the unsub got hit by a bus

"I can't believe the unsub got hit by a bus."

JJ grimaces as she settles into her seat on the jet. "It was kinda gross."

"He deserved it," Y/n mutters, glancing out the window.

Spencer nudges her foot with his. She looks up and he gives her a cheeky smile. She grins back, resting the side of her head against the window. After a moment, she gets up, switching her seat to sit next to him, both of their backs to the rest of the team.

Spencer glances at her, noticing how the dim cabin lights of the jet illuminate her face. His eyes trace from her eyes to the curve of her nose, down to her lips turned up into a small smile. Through everything they've seem to have gone through since her arrival at the BAU, Spencer's never really looked at her properly.

And she's beautiful.

He clears his throat slightly, averting his gaze as he leans back in his seat. The jet's quiet, the rest of the team sleeping or trying to sleep. Spencer closes his eyes, leaning his head back slightly against the headrest. After a moment, he feels Y/n lean her head against his shoulder. His eyes flutter open, glancing down at her. He shifts slightly, trying to ignore the nerves he feels as he laces his fingers with hers, pulling both of their hands to rest in his lap.

Confirming that Spencer isn't going to push her away, Y/n moves a little closer to him, and Spencer hears her give a small sigh as she closes her eyes. He smiles to himself before setting his cheek against the top of her head, closing his eyes as well.

He knows it's stupid to feel nervous around a woman. He's almost 26. But for some reason, he can't help but feel the flutter of nerves stir in his lower stomach whenever he's around Y/n. And every time she opens up to him just a little bit more, he gets a little bit happier. Even know, just holding her hand?

It makes him happy.

He knows he shouldn't get too attached to her—she's going through recovery. Recovering addicts aren't supposed to form romantic attachments. But for some reason, Spencer can't help it. She's too good. She's...amazing. And it's been too long since Spencer has truly felt happy.

•••

"Spencer, wake up."

Spencer squeezes his eyes shut tighter before they open, blinking a few times as his vision adjusts. He yawns, sitting up, glancing over at Y/n. She's smiling at him, her body turned toward him slightly, the back of her head resting against the wall.

"Did we land?" Spencer asks, his voice a little raspy.

Spencer notices her scratching at the skin underneath her sweater sleeve. "Soon. We're about to descend."