19 | Say It Again

Y/N

_

I WOKE UP ALONE, my eyes watering with tears as I yawned.

I'll admit, sleeping on a satin lined bedspread left me feeling more of a morning person, but that excitement dampened when I realized Draco had gone. I didn't know how long I had been sleeping for.

As luck would have it, it was a Saturday, and I could sneak out of the Common Rooms while everyone was at breakfast. Rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand, I stood onto my feet, stumbling around the room for my uniform. I had left it on top of his dresser, folded neatly into a pile, but now it wasn't there.

There was just a note card in its place.

I wanted to wake you up, the paper said, but I haven't seen your morning personality, and I'd rather not get smacked for snapping you out of your dream.

I flipped it over.

Ps. I'm praying you see this before 9 o'clock, because otherwise your friends will notice you're not at breakfast and go searching for you.

Clothes are on the chair.

I would have liked to bask in the thought of Draco scribbling up this message spontaneously, his brows furrowed as he tried to figure out what to write, but I was too busy staring at the clock on his wall in absolute horrification.

It was 9:52.

Almost an hour past Nine.

"Bloody hell!" I hissed, stumbling over my feet, "I'm going to die."

Scanning the room in newfound panic, I spotted the velvet chair sitting in the farthest corner of the room, a folded pile of items sitting on top of the seat. Why the hell did Draco move my clothes?

I snatched up my skirt, fumbling into it and cursing at the buttons that just didn't seem to want to button up in the hurry. Next came my shirt, then the tie, then the vest, and...where was my robe?

"You've got to be kidding me, Malfoy," I frowned, narrowing my eyes, "where did you put my damn clothes?"

If it wasn't for the chime of the clock hitting 10:00, I wouldn't have turned my head to see my robe strewn out under the dresser. It must have fallen out when Draco took the unneeded liberty to move my stuff around.

Snatching it up, I didn't even think before throwing it on and storming out of the boy's room with haste. The Slytherin common room was completely empty, with the exception of a couple moving portraits that made sure to stare at me with a judgeful gaze.

I ignored them, per the usual.

I also ignored Pureblood's sniveling as I strode out the door, picking up my speed so that I could make it to the Great Hall before breakfast. For Godric's sake, my friends better not be looking for me.

And they weren't, until I came crashing through the giant mahogany doors, my cheeks red with embarrassment.

"So terribly sorry," I said, as soon as I reached our usual table, "what did I miss?"

Apparently it was something drastic, because students from around the tables turned to look at me, whispering and laughing quietly to their friends. I didn't have time to brush my hair, that I knew, but it surely couldn't have been that...laughworthy (is that even a word?).

Hermione and Harry had their noses stuck in a book when I spoke, so they didn't say anything, but Ron dropped his fork onto the ground with an abnormally loud clatter.