Hiding: Part 41

(Omg if you've made it this far, thank you so much, I love you all ❤️)

The past few days were difficult. They were trying to find out what had happened to Narcissa and Lucius. "Why are they still quiet?! By now they would've threatened us that we either go or they get killed" Harry snarled as he paced around the kitchen. "Why are you mad! They're my parents!"Draco growled. Both him and Harry had been angry ever since they were told to stay in hiding by Kingsley. "I'm mad because it's my fault your parents are gone! If anything happens to them I won't forgive myself!"Harry barked. They didn't seem to stop arguing and it gave everyone a headache. "ENOUGH!"Hermione yelled, slamming her first down on the kitchen counter. "Have you two forgotten that you're not the only ones worried?! It's partly my fault they're gone!"She snapped, the two boys falling silent. Ginny walked by her, putting their breakfast infront of them. "Made a plan yet?"Pansy asked. She had come by twice over the past week to help out, along with Astoria. Hermione shook her head. "We have nothing to go off of, all we know is that there are death eaters going around and trying to bribe Harry out of hiding. There's no reason why, I mean there's no chance of Voldemort coming back is there?"Hermione asked the last part to Harry.

"We destroyed all the horcruxes, there's no way. They probably just want revenge"Harry said. "What if there's someone taking Voldemort's place? Or Voldemort has another horcrux and he's coming back to power" Ron suggested. "Another nightmare"Pansy muttered. "If Voldemort was coming back, we wouldn't know, you saw what he did last time"Astoria said. Something clicked in Hermione's brilliant brain. "We can!"She told walking over to Draco and taking his arm. "The dark Mark would get darker if he was coming back"Harry muttered, catching on to what she was thinking. She looked at the dark mark, it seemed normal, like it had been for months. "Draco, if one of the death eaters were to press the dark mark, what would happen?" Hermione asked him. "Don't you remember? It calls the dark lord"Draco said. "Well press it, Voldemort's gone"Ron shrugged. "Don't be daft!"Hermione growled, Ron stepped back out of fear. "When Voldemort pressed it in, the death eaters knew exactly where to go. It might sell out our location"Harry explained. Ron nodded slowly.

They didn't know what to do. The adults weren't much help either. Molly kept on making side remarks on Hermione, Kingsley only came by to tell them to stay in hiding, and Arthur still went to work so no one would suspect anything. "You know what? How about we just send a letter to the death eaters? Have a good conversation before we duel to death"Draco suggested. "I agree, they'll respond and tell us blah blah, and there you go"Ron said. Hermione closed her eyes, they didn't understand how serious this was. "Let's do that, They'll follow the owl back to us and our spot is sold. We get enslaved, Harry gets killed and we live the rest of our lives miserable"Hermione said sarcastically. The two fell silent. 'Just a little word, something just to make them start a plan, just let it happen' Hermione wished. And surprisingly, it happened.

"An owl!"Astoria snapped, running to the window as they watched a snowy owl land on the fence of the yard. "Stay here"Hermione told all of them, before telling them to take out their wands. They stood inside, not knowing what Hermione was gonna do. She sent a hex at a near by tree. Nothing happened. She walked out, careful of her surroundings. She looked back at the owl, it had a box. "Harry, Ron, come out"Hermione said, glancing behind her at the two. They came out and stood on both sides. She picked them because they knew what to expect, because they had been through exactly what she had been through. Wands at the ready, Hermione magically untied the letter from the owls leg. "Be careful"Ron said, noticing that the letter was red, a howler. She put it down on the ground and watched the owl fly away before going inside. They set it down on the table and backed away as Hermione unsealed it magically, Pansy pressing the record button on one of Hermione's muggle devices.

"So you're wondering where Lucius Malfoy and Narcissa Black have gone?"Began the howler, Draco noted that it was Antonin Dolohov's voice. "It'll be silly to tell you where we're hiding out but I can tell you there's very many of us"It continued. There was a pause, where a terrible scream was heard. They froze, it was Narcissa. "Of course Draco is with you, so yes, that was your mother. She deserves it of course, along with your father, your family is full of traitors Draco"Dolohov teased. Draco glared at the howler, looking like he was about to rip it right there. "But I will make a deal, A trade. We want The Zabini Girl, we'll trade you Narcissa and Lucius for her. If you give her to us, your parents will be returned to you unharmed"He continued. They all glanced at Hermione, who's jaw fell open. The howler let out an evil laugh before the screaming in the background became loud enough to burst an eardrum, after that, it ripped. "What do they want with me?" Hermione muttered. They all shook their heads, not knowing what they wanted.

"They didn't a place did they?"Hermione asked 20 minutes later. "Don't even think about it"They all snapped at her. "We don't have a choice!" Hermione snarled at them. "We'll find another way Zabini, we're not sending you off"Draco barked. She glared at him before leaving the house and going to the yard. Quickly, Harry, Draco, Blaise and Ron, stood and chased after her. "Where do you think you're going?"Blaise snapped as he grabbed her arm. She hit his arm away. "I'm not gonna go idiot, it's useless if I go alone"She snarled. "Then what're you doing?"Harry asked. "We need to send them a response" Hermione said. "Mind telling us what you're thinking?"Ron questioned. "We were afraid of them following us, but what if we follow them instead?"She said. "They're not stupid"Draco spoke up. "Dolohov is one of the smartest death eater there is. He might be waiting for us to leave, for us to go and find him. If we go, we have to go together. He'll find a way into the house and curse anyone in his way. I've worked with him, I know how he thinks"Draco explained. "We can't do anything then, they're a step ahead of us" Blaise muttered.

Thinking was very difficult. Night time came around and they had no idea what to do. Once everyone was asleep, Hermione snuck to the kitchen and wrote down a quick letter.

When, where

She watched the owl fly off, curious on how she would do it. "I've ordered the cloaks"She heard behind her. She nodded at Ryan and sat down. "They should be here by 5 correct?"She asked. He nodded. "We really should've considered the others Mia"He said. "I know that, but they won't let me go along"She sighed, watching her brother sit across from her. "I'm only letting you go because I hated it when they didn't let me go last time"He said to her. "And I'm grateful for that, it's just they're over doing it, I've defended myself multiple times, saved them multiple times and yet they still don't think I can take care of myself" She complained. "I don't think you're seeing the point Mia, they know what you're capable of, we all do, it's just they care so much that they don't want to risk you getting hurt"Ryan explained. "It's stupid, Draco said himself we all have to go together so they won't hurt anyone who stays behind"She scoffed.

Ryan sighed and glanced out the window before standing up suddenly. "The owl's back"he told her. 5 minutes later, they were sitting in the dining room with everyone. Ryan and Hermione explained to all of them what they were going to do. "Ryan has some cloaks that should be here by morning, they have an invisibility spell on it along with a shielding shell. We should be set to go by their requested time" Hermione said. "When do they want us?" Harry asked. "At 12, that's in 11 hours. Enough time for us to sleep, eat and to get ready" Ryan said. "Did it ever accrue to you two that we wouldn't agree to this plan? Ryan I actually expected you to knock some sense into her"Joseph snapped. "Don't blame him, I made him help me"Hermione defended. "You don't understand, we can't take you along! They want you, Not us!"Blaise barked. "They could easily curse us all and take you for something we don't even know yet!"Draco agreed. "Your acting like she'll listen, I'm telling you I've tried"Ryan said. "I can defend myself better then you think! I don't need you to protect me!"Hermione snarled. "You're staying here, end of story"Joseph said, before getting up and leaving the room. Hermione left the room as well, storming out of the house. "Hermione you can't leave!"Ron yelled as he got up. Draco got up and before he could even make it out of the door way, they heard a pop, indicating that she had disapparated.