Daisuki Dream: Origin

It started on a rainy night, with me waiting at a bus stop. I had just arrived in the city and was moving into my new apartment. I was going to be attending university in the coming weeks and needed someplace to stay. I ended up finding a cheap room that I could pay for with the little money that I had saved up. The bus finally arrived and I stepped on, with my sneakers soaked from the puddles on the sidewalk. The driver immediately speaks to me. "You have a bus pass, sir?" I cringe. Only six more months until I will be free. Only six more months until I will be a normal girl. 

"Yes, I do. Also, it is miss, not sir." 

The bus driver shakes his head in confusion as I scan my pass and take a seat. Even though it wasn't real, it always felt like people were staring at me. Every flaw made me feel less and less like a human. It always felt as if I could never truly be cute in someone's eyes. I rested my head against the window and stared at the quiet night before me. After years of waiting, I was finally able to escape. Hopefully, everything would work out, just like everyone said. Hopefully, I will find my dream girl.

The bus reached my stop and I grab my Eevee purse and step into the rainy night. 

"Have a good evening, miss!"

I smile, as it felt good to feel even a bit normal. I call back to the driver "

Thank you! You too!" 

Things may be looking up after all. I look up as what stood before me was my new home. I step into the apartment building and check-in at the front desk. I was greeted by a disinterested lady at the front desk. 

"Name?", she asks flatly. 

"Emilia Celeste", I reply cheerily, thinking about how nice it felt to be called that. 

"Room 069. Fourth floor, second corridor."

Nice, I think, as I step onto the elevator and walk to my room. I unlock it and marvel at the sheer size of the apartment. There were a small standing shower and bathroom, a small kitchen, a couch, and a bed. It was a very simple apartment. It was all that I could afford, however. I laid down on my bed and slept, as I start my new job at a coffee shop the next day.

I woke up and got into my favourite fox hoodie and some pink shorts. After getting ready and grabbing my signature Eevee purse, I walked to the coffee house, Cocoa Cafe, and stepped into the back to receive my training for the job. I was greeted by a tall and beautiful girl whose nametag read Lucia. 

"Hey! I am assuming you are Emi, the new girl here."

 I blush a little as her voice is soft and gentle, but bubbly as well. I nod, and she continues. 

"Alright then! Let me show you around things."

 She proceeded to explain different machines and how to operate them for specific drinks. I was given an apron and a nametag and was told to operate the register for now. 

After a few hours of taking orders, I finally was able to take my break. I check my voice mail to see that I got a message from my tenant saying that he sold the apartment building and that my stuff is outside my room. 

"No. No. No. Please no. This cannot be happening. I couldn't find anything cheaper."

A familiar friendly face pokes around the corner. 

"Everything okay?."

I turned to see Lucia staring at me with a comforting smile. I hesitate for a second. 

"Yeah. Just. My parents kicked me out after finding out that I am trans. Now I find out that my tenant sold the apartment building and has kicked everyone out. I have no place to stay, and barely any money. That place was all that I could afford."

I am on the verge of tears at this point, wondering what will become of me.

 I am interrupted by a hug and the exact words that I needed to hear. 

"Hey! I have a house that I inherited! Why don't you come live with me? There are a spare room and bathroom, and you can chip in on bills. The mortgage has been paid off, so it will be pretty cheap."

 I look confused. 

"Why? You don't know me. Why would you offer to let me live with you?"

 She responds while giggling adorably. 

"You seem really nice, and I could use some company anyways. Besides, it helps to have someone chip in on bills."

 I thank her profusely and tell her that I will need to get my stuff from the building. 

"I can drive you if you want! If you need anything else just ask."

So far it seems like things are going well. I have found a roommate, and she is very sweet. Who knows. Maybe she could become something much more.