Chapter 1

In the eyes of commoners, werewolf have always been a fascinating yet mysterious being. Its origin has been a secret for few but known to some. It is believed that they originated from Europe and the first werewolf was born out of a curse placed by an ill-intent creature frowned upon by humanity.

From then, wars waged between humans and werewolves for hundreds of years as werewolves were deemed to be malicious creatures. The aftermath of war has caused both sides to suffer and brings nothing but sadness and loss.

From there on both sides agree to appoint one person as its leader and make peace with each side. These leaders are known as royalties and will continue to rule each species for years and centuries to come.

As it is impossible for one royalty to rule every lands and countries in existence, each nations of werewolves will appoint one person as their leader and crowned as king. In the present, both werewolves and humans have tasted centuries of peace and will continue to be so for centuries to come.

Edith's POV

I decide to close the book and get ready for my dinner. My eyes starting to hurt after rummaging books and scrolls for hours in our library. Finishing my last book about the origin of our kind was irritating.

Truth to be told, those legend mentioned earlier in that book is full of lies. We never knew where we are originated and for all we know our lives are a gift given by the moon goddess herself. We are not some kind of savages that wanted to devour and enslave humans.

Suddenly I hear a knock from the door, that ended my day-dreaming. "Princess Edith, the Queen have required your presence in the dining room at once", said one of our castle servants. I stood up from the couch and open the door at once.

"Thank you, I will head there at once". While trying to straighten my hair as I try to make myself looks presentable.

Once I enter our dining room, I saw my dad, mom, little brother, the Alpha and Luna of our royal pack already seated and waiting for me to start our dinner.

"Honey, I told you not to spend so many hours in the library". She spoke to me with a worried face.

"I know mom, but it can't be helped. I need to gain as many knowledges as I can. I might need it once I become Queen".

"One's knowledge will not guarantee them to be a successful ruler dear, you need to go out and face countless challenges in order to be a good and wise queen". My father replied me with a voice full of wisdom.

My father, will always try to give me advice whenever and wherever there's a chance to.

"I know that, so can we have our dinner?" I replied. Not really taking my father's advice into heart.

I have been trained for the past 15 years of my life to become a queen. It started from when I was 5 years old and the royal teachers have been giving me non-stop tutors on your regular subjects. But since I was a royal, I need to learn etiquette, diplomacy, and those royal related studies.

My favourite class would be hand to hand combat and fighting in our werewolf form class that is teach by our own alpha of the royal pack Riley. Both Riley and his mate have become like an older brother and sister figure for me.

Since we are able to transform to our werewolf form as early as in our first year, I started training while I was ten years old. Before ten, they teach me how to shift and back as effectively and efficiently as possible.

Since transforming back and forth would drain our stamina quickly and will took some time. After you master it, transforming will be as quick as blinking your eyes and will not consume as much stamina.