Chapter 2

I woke up super early today since I need to make sure everything is ready prior to my departure tomorrow. Since Riley will be arranging the security protocol, he will need to brief his pack members and me on the procedure if any unwanted incidents were to happened.

I hate it that Riley decide to held meetings early in the morning. There are 24 hours in 1 day and he have to pick 8AM for a meeting.

Once I woke up, I decide to take a shower and head straight to our pantry to grab some snacks. Since it's 6 and breakfast will be served at 7 and I don't want to be late for meeting Riley.

He may be a dork but once I accidentally came late for his meeting, afterwards he decide to lecture me till my ears bleed and he punish me by making me forgo a hellish training.

While finishing my snacks, I decide to take a stroll within our courtyard. I know today is going to be a stressful day, and I just want to enjoy a relaxing time with myself a little bit longer before things started to become hectic.

I head straight to our meeting room and saw that Riley and his pack members that will be my guard during our trips have all arrived. They stand up and bow to me before I ask them to sit and the meeting start.

Time skip

The meeting took longer than expected and before I know it, it's time for lunch. They are waiting for me to took a leave first before they all head to the door. Once I reach our dining room I slump myself on the table.

"I'm hungry. Need food..." I feel my body gradually relaxing while putting most of my upper body weight on the dining table.

"A lady should sit straight and never slump her body at the table like some sloth", suddenly a voice replied to my weak whimper for food.

"Mom.. you nearly gave me a heart attack". That surprised me and I immediately sit straight while my eyes open wide from the sudden surprise.

Queen Meredith Gailent de Albemont, Queen of the Werewolf in America and my mother. She have long but wavy red hair just like me. Lucky for me, I gain her similar feature.

One by one, each of my family members including Riley and Carol start to join in. We start our long-awaited lunch. Somehow today's food taste much better than the usual.

"I need to start packing now, see you all soon". As I started to stand from my chair I feel a little hand grab my arm.

"I want to help sis!!!" Lionel finish his food at a faster pace than usual.

"You're going for a long time don't you?" Giving me those sad puppy eyes.

"Don't worry I'm coming back home soon, I'm going to bring you some gifts once I'm back."

"Pinky swear?"

"Pinky swear", I reply while giving me my little finger.

Afterwards, I decide to pack my clothes and all other necessities I might need during our travels. Feeling satisfied with myself for finishing another task, I wipe my sweaty forehead and decide to walkout from my room.

"Thanks Lionel for helping me to pack my stuff."

"Stay right here sis." Suddenly Lionel ran out from my room. When he came back he held his favourite lion figures and gave it to me.

"You can have it with you in case you get lonely."

"Aww, thank you big guy." I took his lion figures and put it in between my clothes.

Everything happened so fast and it's dinnertime. I quickly finish my dinner so I could relax and have some alone time.

I just really need a break from everything, especially with Sierra keep yapping the whole day about how happy she is and can't wait to "meet her subjects". Note how I mention this with a sarcastic voice.