Chapter 26

Monday, September 29th

With a fond smile, Y/N looked at the blood guy walking down the hallway, nervousness filling him up as he meets her relaxed gaze. His hands clenched tightly on the straps of his backpack as they stared right into each other's eyes, waiting for them to stand close enough. Once he was near enough, he suspired faster, feeling the nervousness getting more intense. "I-I was able to make peace with Jimin..." she stayed silent, wanting to hear more from him, "Can we go back to normal? Can I talk to you without feeling this guilty?" Jihoon gulped, looking down.

"We can." he quickly shot his head up at her response, the need to check her expression attacking him. "Come on! Talk to me normally!" she gestured towards him as her eyebrows arched. Jihoon's tensed shoulders dropped and the grip on his straps loosened, his chest also moving more slowly out of relief. One of his old genuine smiles stretching over his face again after a long period of hate towards those grins. He pulled Y/N into a lax hug as she gently patted his back after avoiding him for a while.

Jimin watched as he stood at the end of the hallway, a mix of happiness, peace, balance and annoyance taking over him. He didn't want to rush Y/N but at the same time, it wasn't easy to wait as one of the twins watched the other, feeling unhappy. When they let go of each other's embrace, he walked to his locker and waved at them, mainly Y/N.

...

As always on Mondays Y/N and Jimin's first class was science followed by English and lastly math, all this, before lunch. She, Jihoon and Jimin, sat at a table in the cafeteria as Y/N ate her salad peacefully, she watched the two twins eating awkwardly. "Jihoon how did you do on your running test? You did it today, right? Jimin and I did it quite a while ago..."

"Ah, I got first place, I think somewhere around 8.06 seconds..." his older brother chuckled, remembering that he got a better score, "Hey! What are you smirking at?"

"Hey? I thought you were gonna call me Hyung?" he eyed Jihoon as he raised a brow with a smug look on his face. "Anyway, I got a better score than you!" his younger brother's mouth went agape at the unbelievable news, it was not possible that Jimin did better than him, right? "Yeah, in fact, I was surprised, but I got seven-point-fifty-something seconds." his brother wowed as he turned his head away with a scoff and looked at Y/N, searching for proves of his brother's words.

"Yeah, that's true Jihoon! Just accept it," she said giving him the sass and managing to make the twins laugh almost in sync. Suddenly Jihoon stood up as he remembered something that he had to tell Y/N. "What is it?" she asked, looking up to meet his gaze.

"Here!" he placed a small white gift-bag on the table, "This is for your uncle's and your aunt's wedding, it's just a small gift... Don't open it though! You can do it with them when you get home..." she nodded and then said,

"Guys, they are leaving on Wednesday... would you guys like to come for a dinner at my house tomorrow? So you two can say goodbye to them and we can open your present Jihoon." they looked at each other at the same time, searching for negativity in each other's eyes, but there was none. Both twins didn't feel any competition occurring between them, only an amusing, welcoming feeling and that balance that Jihoon talked about.

"Yeah sure, we'll go!" Jimin answered as the three of them got up to throw their papers and plastics away.

Tuesday, September 30th - 7:00 PM

"What!?!" both of the twins screamed in sync as they saw what was inside each other's gift bags. A worried feeling rushing over them.

"Crap..." Jimin muttered and sighed heavily, "What are we going to do now? And how did you even get the idea?"

"No, the question is how YOU got the idea? I watched her aunt's performance, but how about you?" Jihoon pointed at Jimin who threw himself onto his bed in exasperation.

"Because I watched on TV, it was from a live channel... I also got them a photo frame for the wedding though..." he said as he took a wrapped rectangle out of the gift bag. "Okay, then should we make our gift into one? We can use your CD since you were at the concert and I can use the photo frame since I was at the wedding and shot this picture myself?" his brother nodded and put his CD into Jimin's bag as he thought it was prettier than his practical white bag; Jimin's one was red.

Jihoon drove to Y/N's house with Jimin and once they've arrived, they rang the bell. Y/N opened the door for them with a wide smile plastered on her face, "Hi! Come on in!" they stepped inside and took off their shoes before Y/N invited them to take a seat at the dining table.

"Oh, hello! You guys really look similar, it's weird to see you together, but I'm glad to meet you at the same time!" her aunt smiled and the twins placed the gift bag on the table.

"Thank you, it's great to see you again, Ms. Han! We made you a little goodbye-gift, of course, hoping we'll meet again." Jihoon said before Jimin added,

"Yeah, I was really pleased to meet Y/N's family and I'm so happy about your wedding and about both of succeeding!" Y/N looked at them in awe, it seems like they really made peace...

"No way!" Y/N's aunt exclaimed as she saw the CD, "Is this a recorder video of my recent live at Seoul's theatre?" they nodded, "And Oh, My, God! This photo is so beautiful!"

"Yeah! I'll definitely photocopy it and put into my wallet! Thank you so much, guys!" his uncle smiling as he patted the photo frame.

Everything turned out well, even though Jihoon and Jimin both had the same present, they managed to share the credit equally between each other. The night was full of laughter, hope and wishes for the future. It was a chance for them to become closer and to feel like a family, the air felt so light and cheerful; even as they were saying their goodbyes. Jihooon and Jimin both hugged Y/N's uncle and aunt before they left. They gained another beautiful memory thanks to Y/N, she was really something they were both grateful for. No matter who'd win, they both felt grateful for the warmness, happiness and for all the smiles she's given to them.

To be continued...

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜