Why doesn't he smile often?

Priya Khanna

Mehendi function started and soon everyone was enjoying themselves.
A girl was applying henna on my hands and the girls around me were teasing me and giggling.

And sarah was having the time of her life by laughing her ass off on me.

She is so going to regret it!

Then when i saw towards the entrance Mr.Arora was entering with 3 guys. One of them was Sachin. I knew him he was Sarah's boyfriend.

As usual Mr.Arora was busy talking on the phone or i would rather say shouting on the phone.

May god bless the poor soul!

Just then the girls started teasing about how i can't keep my eyes off my fiancé.
I rolled my eyes at them.

Only if they knew the truth!

"Ohh i know my brother is freaking hot but that doesn't mean you eye rape him Priya" She said and started laughing.

And i was absolutely flustered because Mr.Arora and the 3 other men just approached us.

To add up to my embarrassment Sarah said "You know just 2 more days and he is going to be all yours. You could drool over him all you want"

"Do you know how to shut up?" I asked Sarah all embarrassed.

Just then Sachin spoke"Priya... Don't you think my life would become hell lot of easier if she learns to shut up." And sarah turned around completely oblivious to their presence and then glared at Sachin.

I just shrugged and said "I totally agree with you"

"By the way congragulations on your wedding. This jerk over here thought it was absolutely okay to not inform his friends about his wedding otherwise we would have come earlier."
Sachin said giving me a side hug because i had mehendi on my hands.

" Oh that's fine. It is not his fault either. Everything went too fast." I said.

Just then the other 2 guys came to me with a grin on their faces and Mr. Arora came from behind them and said
"Priya meet my friends Rohit and Arjun & You already know Sachin."

I was going to greet them when Arya came and said "Ohh.. hey Dhruvv. I am her sister Arya. Though there is nothing great in her and you deserve someone more beautiful but then too Congragulations to you"
She said putting forward her hand for handshake and Mr.Arora very swiftly came and sat beside me and was going to talk but then
"By the way Arya you look very beautiful by probably caking all make up products on your face" I said with a sweet smile on my face.

She just scowled a went away.

I turned to see Mr.Arora, Rohit and Arjun laughing their ass off.
And boy the sight was worth watching.
For the first time i've seen Mr.Arora laugh and he looks so so... I don't even know how to describe.

I melted right there.

Rohit just stopped laughing and said "Her face was worth watching. You just wounded her Princess" And again started laughing.
And i just smiled at them and shook my head.

Mr. Arora was back to his glaring self and scowled at Rohit " Who is your Princess over here?"

Then his phone rang and he excused himself.

Rohit and Arjun sat on either side of me with me in their between and then Arjun said "We never thought he would get someone like you. We always used to think the person who would marry Dhruvv would be snobby bitch." And then he laughed.

" What to say Dhruvv is lucky enough" This time it was Rohit.

I just smiled at them not knowing how to react. I am always awkward with compliments.

Then we started talking and they both are so much fun to be around. Except for the time when they teased me.

I was playfully glaring at Rohit and he was laughing and then Mr.Arora came and smiled at me.

A full blown smile.
That smile ohh god!

Ohh lord! Help me today! I am going to go crazy seeing him smile like that at me.

I just returned with a small smile.

Why doesn't he smile often?

"Are they troubling you?" Mr. Arora asked.

" No, No they were just telling me how lucky are you to have me" I said and laughed.

"Bhabhi (sister-in-law) Mom is asking if you are done with your mehendi so that we can have our lunch together." Said siddharth.
(Siddharth is Dhruvv's and Sarah's younger brother)

I just looked around and saw aunty arranging a table for lunch for us.
"Siddharth just call aunty over here please." I told him with a smile.

Aunty came to "Priya you were asking for me, do you want something?"

I just got up and made her sit on the sofa and said " Why is there no mehendi on your hands?"

" What noo.. I can't. Family won't like it. You know i am divorced." She said.

"I don't think it matters. It is your son's wedding i think a small design won't hurt" I said smiling.

She just shook her head and said "Stubborn girl. I know you won't give up"
I laughed at it and just shrugged.

"I'll tell someone to get the table prepared for our lunch. Everyone else is had their lunch?" I asked.

"Yess... only our family is remaining." She said.

I smiled at her words and went towards the lunch table to tell someone to prepare it.
Our family!
There was a constant smile on my face.

*

Today is haldi ceremony and my mom came and gave me strict instructions not to see Dhruvv before marriage. I just rolled my eyes at her .

As if he is the love of my life and i would die if i wouldn't meet him. I thought.

I was getting ready when sarah entered and I groaned
" There should be a rule of not meeting groom's sister also along with the groom." I mocked her.

"Ohh I know you love me a lot and you wouldn't be able to survive without me" She said laughing and I rolled my eyes.

"I am ready. Let's go" I said looking in the mirror satisfied with my look.
I was wearing a yellow saree and the flower jwellery which aunty brought for me.

Your mom should've bought it!

I just ignored my inner voice and went down for the haldi ceremony.

The haldi ceremony was done and i was drenched in haldi. All thanks to Sarah, Sachin, Rohit and Arjun.

Ofcourse Arjun cane up with this great idea of throwing water with haldi in it on my head.

They are so going to pay for it!

Tomorrow is the day i get married. I sighed.

I don't even know what to think right now.

I decided not to overthink about anything and just have my beauty sleep.