9.

I was sitting on a chair next to Jay's bed while Jay was sitting on his bed.

"Do you remember when we were sitting by the tree and you telling me 'this world isn't real'? Well you're technically right. It isn't" Jay said.

"Well yeah. I can only enter this world when I'm asleep. But how do I have the same dream every night. And you're always in it. Well the nicer you were in it."

"Yeah well this is the real me."

"Wait so I'm confused. Who's the Jay back in the real world."

"That would be me, sitting here with you right now"

"Then how are you here?"

Jay sat there, thinking about what he was gonna say.

"This world, or technically your 'dreams' were created by me. And your 'normal' world is also created by me."

Huh. I gave him a confused looked.

"So you're God?"

"You can say that." Again with his sly smile. I can tell he liked being praised.

But I still don't understand this situation. He created my dream world and my normal world. So everything I see, everyone that I talked to, just everything is fake?

I'm not even real? Just made of his imagination?

This is so confusing.

"How can I see this world and the other world at the same time."

"Because you're special"

I cringed and he saw. Still keeping that annoying smile.

I hugged my knees on the chair looking out the big window in his room.

"I don't understand why I had to see two worlds." I turned to Jay. My face was confused and upset.

"Since you made the world and everything in it, then you must've made me?"

He nodded.

"Why can I see two worlds then. Why am I that 'special' person"

He sighed. His smile dropped and his face was no longer cocky or arrogant but more of a calm yet upset face.

"This world, the world you dream of every night, was the first world I made. I made people so they can multiply and build a society. Which they did and they didn't know I created this world, no one does. I gave the people all that they needed; farmland, rain, animals. They praised me and that's why I became king. I got bored after a while. I watched from the hill as their village start to multiply in people. I decided to pay a visit but I didn't want them to freak out and stuff so I hid my identity, I made them all forget my face for the time being. I walked around the village and enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere. Until I saw her. A beautiful young girl. She had beautiful long brown hair and brown eyes. Her smile was so captivating I didn't realise I was starring at her for so long until she made eye contact with me. Every day I would come down to the village just so I could see her. Eventually I had the courage to talk to her. Her name was May. She was the sweetest but the sassiest girl I know. And that's when I realised I loved her. But one day, while I was sitting in the castle, I was informed that she ran away. I went to go find her, seeing that I created these people, I could easily find them. But she just disappeared. She die or anything, she just disappeared from this world."

I looked at Jay's face seeing how upset he looked. I felt bad for the guy. He lost a lover that he didn't realise he created.

"After a while, I told the kingdom that I would be gone for a long time and in the meantime they continue what they were doing. I left that world and decided to make a new one. A more modernised one. Your world. I was satisfied with my work. I wasn't planning on going back to the kingdom, so I just stayed in the world I just built, going along with the new society. Then I saw you."

Jay looked at me. His face was had little expression so it was hard to understand how he was feeling, but the tone of his voice was different. It sounded hopeful and kind of happy.

"When I saw you in the cafe you looked so familiar. I just had to know why. I tried to make any possible and not suspicious, ways to get to talk to you. That's why you bumped into me and left your purse behind. Those were my excuses to talk you. I had to know everything about you. I basically followed you everywhere. I watched you. I don't know why but I was so drawn to you. To the point where you noticed thus avoiding me. But that drew me more into you. You're the thing that I needed to know about, know why I was so drawn to you. When I saw you in this world for the first time I was so surprised. I took that chance to get to know you, but in this world. And it worked. After dancing with you, showing you around the castle, pushing on the swing and just talking to you. I think I found the reason why I'm so drawn to you.

April, you're just like May."

{03/11/20}
edited...