10.

May?

"You look like her, you act like her. I'm sure you're her" Jay said.

I  looked at him and saw that his face was still somewhat expressionless but his eyes said something else. His eyes were speaking with enthusiasm and they sparkled as he spoke.

"Do you remember anything"

I didn't. I really didn't. I didn't even know Jay or even recognise him. I thought he was a normal dude on the road.

I shook my head, answering his question.

I can't be May. I really couldn't be. But at this point, every nonsense thing you could think of is basically happening. What's gonna happen next, I grow horns and become Satan's wife. Ha! please no.

Jay let out a sad sigh with a sad expression. I had an idea pop up in my mind. Maybe this can confirm things.

"Hey, Jay."

His head lifted up and looked at me, eyes filled with hope.

"Could I go down to the village? There's something there I want to do." He agreed, thankfully.

I nervously knocked on the door. After a bit the door opened to see the kind elderly lady who let me borrow her daughters dress to the ball.

"April?" She said half shocked and surprised. She was happy to see me again.

"Hi ma'am." I said bowing to her. "Could I talk to you?"

She nodded standing to the side so that I could enter. We both sat at her dining table. She served me some tea and fruits.

"Thank you." I said placing the cup of tea on the table.

"So what was it that you wanted to talk about dear." I loved this woman, she was the nicest person ever.

I smiled at her before answering.

"Can I ask, what was your daughter like" The woman was a little shock that you asked this but she was calm and answered none the less.

"She was a beautiful girl, always curious growing up. She loved chatting and meeting new people. She even introduced to a new guy friend of hers." I nodded.

"Can I ask what her name was?"

The woman paused before answering.

"May."

I was pacing back and forth under the tree with the swing thinking.

Her daughter name was May, this meant that if I were really May, that would be my mother. I never knew my family, probably because Jay's never included my parents in my life.

I stopped moving around and just starred at the setting sun in front of me. This tree had a really nice view of the sunset.

Two pair of arms made its way around my waist, pulling my back to the person's chest. They rested their heads on my shoulder.

I jumped slightly looking to my right to see Jay's head on my shoulder. He turned his head looking at me with his casual smile.

"What are you doing?" I tried to pull myself out of his grip but that didn't work well.

There was barely any space between my face and Jay's.

"You look just like the person I love, I couldn't resist myself."

I processed the words that left his mouth. I pulled myself away from his grip this time succeeding.

My eyes connected with his, mine filled sadness and disappointment while his is filled with confusion.

"I'm not the person you love Jay. I'm not May"

I made my way to the swing and started swinging slowly looking straight into the sunset.

We were quiet. Not one of us muttered a word. I stayed on the swing, swinging for a bit and Jay was sitting on the grass next to me.

The sun had set and the dark sky was approaching.

I decided to break the silence.

"Am I able to go back?"

I looked at him. He looked at me, surprisingly he didn't look sad or upset or anything. His casual smile was plastered on his face.

"You can, but not if I don't want you to." He stood up and starting walking to me. He grabbed my hand, which was gripping the rope holding the swing, pulled me up from the swing and walked me towards the castle.

"Let's go have some dinner"

I'm gonna be in this world for a while.

The servants set the plates in front of our faces before setting the other dishes down and leaving. Dinner was pork with many vegetables, fruits and there were some fishes on the side and even dessert from dinner, nice.

I wasn't very hungry, so I stuck with my leg of ham.

"Is there a spare room that I can stay in?" I asked looking across the table to see Jay.

I'm sure that in this massive castle there would be one, just one, spare bed room.

"There is. But I prefer you to sleep in bed with me"

This asshole.

I gave him a wtf face. He gave me a sly smirk.

"haha no."

"Fine fine, suit yourself. There's a room just down the left hall, it's the fourth room to you right. Right next to mine."

Of course.

I just nodded. At least I wasn't sharing a room with this man. Actually, at least I wasn't sharing a bed with this man.

After dinner we made our ways to our own rooms.

I opened the door to be greeted with a large room. It was slightly smaller than Jay's one, but it was still big none the less.

I looked around and there was a table with many books on top, besides it was a bookshelf. There was a closet that were filled with nightwear, dresses and other clothing items.

I picked a white cotton nightgown and made my way into the 'bathroom'. It was still the olden days where people peed in buckets and poured water over their heads to shower.

I cleaned myself as best as I could and pissed into the bucket, not before tipping it out at the nearest exit I could fine.

I laid myself onto the olden bed, which was actually quite comfy.

If I sleep in my dream would I dream of the normal world, which actually isn't normal at all but still. That'd be weird.

I shut my eyes, slowly letting myself drift off.

I don't how long I was asleep but I felt the presence of someone near me. I fluttered my eyes open.

Jay was standing there, in his own royalty nightgown, sitting on the edge of the bed starring at me. He wasn't saying anything.

He just smiled.

{03/11/20}
edited...