Chapter 27

Friday, October 3rd - After school at Jimin's place

"Hello, ma'am! I'm here again!" Y/N greeted Jimin and Jihoon's mother and she stood up happily from the couch she was sitting on, grabbing both of Y/N's hands in hers.

"So? Can you stay for dinner tonight? You have invited my sons to such important events, you have to accept! There ain't no way I'm letting you go!" Y/N nodded, "Thank you so much! Now, come on you two! Get some work done!"

...

"Jimin are you going to Jihoon's basketball tournament? It's pretty soon..." she asked as she checked for any grammar mistakes in chapter four as he studied the fifth chapter. Giving her a nod, he corrected a misspelt word on the doc. After 20 minutes passed, she asked, "Are you done? If yes, we can write chapter six."

"Yes! I just finished... so far, we have only 125 pages..." he saved the document that he had been named 'Chapter 5 ' and switched to a new one, calling it 'Chapter 6 '.

...

"Hahaha! You drama queen!" Jimin chortled, his eyes arching so much that it was hard for him to see the screen of his laptop properly. Y/N seemed a bit drunk, even though she actually wasn't. She kept on coming up with weird ideas that made Jimin's stomach churn from all the laughing.

"Should we make her cousin, Jin, hit her with the spatula he was using to cook?" Jimin rolled on the floor as he laughed his heart out wondering why the heck was Y/N so obsessed with that damn spatula? He loved it though, she was obsessed with the damn spatula and he was obsessed with her damn-crappy sense of humour. "By the way..." she said, as suddenly a memory emerged from the back of her head, "Remember the painting from art? When we just met? When will you show me your drawing?"

"When you pick one of us, I'll give it to you. It won't matter who you choose-" she interrupted him, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the way he's phrased the sentence, even though that was the truth.

"But Jimin... I feel so bad about this..." a frown invaded his forehead, seeking for more information, "I don't want it to sound as if you guys are some pretty barbies and I can't pick one. It's just that you guys, make me feel stuff that confuses me... I don't want to hurt any of you with my insecurity..." he patted her shoulder before cupping her cheeks in a rather supportive way.

"Of course! We know that Y/N, don't worry! Plus, you wouldn't be picking between babies..." she looked at him, being unable to construe what did he mean, "You would be choosing between Ken dolls!" she slapped his shoulder really hard as he cracked up, kicking the air.

"You actually scared the crap out of me..." she placed a hand on her chest, the air finally leaving her lungs as the tension and heaviness was gone.

...

Y/N analyzed Jimin and Jihoon's parents as they sat down at the dining table, their dad looking like a friendly but really serious and busy person. Meanwhile, their mom looked like a welcoming, caring and strict person. "Thank you for inviting me to stay for dinner, I hope I don't cause any sort of disturbance!" a polite but thankful smile was painted on Y/N's face as she spoke.

"It's okay! We haven't had such a warm guest like you in a while! It's great to have you are here! Now, come on let's eat and we hope you enjoy the meal! Dig in before it gets cold!" Mr. Park grabbed his fork, digging into the warm and tasty food.

Jimin eyed his parents, 'they must've really changed...'

...

"It was an immense pleasure to have had hospitality from you, Ms. and Mr. Park, thank you very much!" Y/N bowed to them as she wrapped her jacket around her body.

When they were coming from school, Y/N, Jihoon and Jimin, had made an agreement - since Y/N would be with Jimin the whole time for the project, Jihoon would get to drive her home. They sat together in the car and Jihoon turned the radio on, playing some cheerful music. "I love this song..." Y/N whispered before mouthing along with the song as she had memorised all of the lyrics.

"But because it's you, because it's you, I can endure it. Because I love you, I can get hurt. One more time, I got hurt, but I'm used to it, so whatever... I'll just cry for a bit and I'll be okay..." Y/N was surprised when Jihoon started singing loudly, but then she started to cackle from the silly lyrics, her laugh instantly warming Jihoon's heart, "I ate well today, but I can't stop thinking about you... you are on my mind 24/7! Can't you give me some peace for a day? A minute? A Second!?!"

"Hahahaha! This lyric is so weird but I love it!"

"Yes! Let's sing it together! Ready for chorus 2?"

"But because it's you, because it's you, I can endure it. Because I love you, I can get hurt. One more time, I got hurt, but I'm used to it, so whatever... I'll just cry for a bit and I'll be okay..."

Only the loud busting of the song, their loud, messy, weird singing and their suppressed laughter were audible in the car. "I love you because I'm stupid, and you? Do you feel the same? Even if you do, why does it still hurt? At least I was able to eat a whole pack of ramen!" they burst into extremely loud laughter again.

(Dang, author-nim, you must be on drugs for coming up with such lyrics...)

"I don't know who the hell wrote this stupid song (author-nim wrote it ), but I love it!" Y/N said before preparing for the high-note. They both screamed in a really high-pitch when the singer reached the climax of the song and sang that high note. They laughed at their own goofiness, knowing that they did not imitate that high note really well.

...

They've finally reached Y/N's house and both of them got out of the car, "Thank you for singing that weird song with me... to be honest, I felt kind of embarrassed when it played, but when you said you loved it, I felt so much at ease! I listen to it from time to time to cheer myself up..."

"Your welcome and it's okay! I don't judge other's taste of music unless it's Peppa Pig's theme song..." he laughed and hugged her tightly, "I was kidding though."

"That was so random, but I still thought it was funny. Thank you for everything, Y/N... Thank you for giving me a second chance, thank you for being nice to me and Jimin..."

"No problem!" she patted his head lovingly as he stared at her, he really wanted to kiss her, but he didn't want to startle her. He wanted to show her his respect and he did not intend to rush things with her.

"Can I kiss you?" she blushed and leaned back, taking some time to think, but Jihoon took it the wrong way. He thought she was not ready and even though his heart stung a bit from the disappointment, he was okay with it. "It's okay Y/N! See you!"

But right when he was about to leave, she grabbed his wrist and turned him around she gulped while looking down at the rough road below her feet. She then gathered enough courage to pull him by his collar and crash their lips together. She gently his lips against her in a pure and lovely kiss as he responded back. When they pulled away, euphoria made their hearts throb all the way to their throats as that pleasing feeling filled their hearts.

"Thank you Y/N... I love you." he kissed her forehead in a sort of affection-protective way and sat back into his Audi.

"Damn, that smile always gets to me..." she mumbled to herself as she watched him pulling off into the driveway.

To be continued...

Author's note:

[Hi, guys! I decided to be a bit goofy in this chapter, please tell me if it's annoying or if you liked it! Purple ya! 💜💜💜💜💜 ]

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜