FORTY-FOUR

Weekend rolls around faster than expected and Jeongguk is beyond excited. It's been so long since he and Taehyung had spent some alone time together.

Don't get him wrong, he loves having Chansol with them. Nevertheless, he's very happy to be finally able to spend time with his boyfriend.

Taehyung wanted to leave soon after lunch for their date so that they would have more time but he didn't say a word about where they're going or what exactly they will do.

Jeongguk has already tried to tickle the answer out of his boyfriend but with no success. And so, Jeongguk decided to let it go and just wait for the surprise.

At first they wanted to drop off Chansol at Taehyung's parents' house but Dasom decided to come over at their place and take care of Chansol.

After Dasom arrived at their house, the two left soon. And now they're on their way to, well only Taehyung knows.

There's music playing in the background, Taehyung humming along with it, seeming to be in a really good mood and as excited as Jeongguk for what was yet to come.

"Okay, so I'm kinda nervous about this." Taehyung suddenly admits and only now, Jeongguk notices that he's gripping the steering wheel a bit tighter than necessary.

"There's no need to be, Tae." Jeongguk assures his boyfriend, placing a hand on his thigh soothingly.

Taehyung lets out a defeated sigh. "I know- it's just that we weren't really able to spend much time together the last few weeks so I want today to be perfect. And yeah I'm worrying too much again."

Thinking about his answer, Jeongguk starts to rub softly over his boyfriend's thigh. "Yeah you are Tae." he says in a soft voice. "But like I said there's no need to. Because I know that I'll love it."

"You're so cute." Taehyung smiles cheekily.

Jeongguk raises his eyebrow before giving his boyfriend's thigh a light pich. "Says you."

"I'm not cute!" Taehyung fake gasps and gives the younger a short glance. This only causes Jeongguk to shake his head and chuckle lovingly.

And just like that, Jeongguk has managed to lighten up the mood and the rest of the car ride is filled with the couple's bickering.

And seeing Taehyung laugh like that, Jeongguk knows that this day is really good for the elder. After seeing Taehyung break down a few days ago, Jeongguk decided to be more cautious around his boyfriend.

He somehow assumed that Taehyung is fine because the elder just doesn't show that he's hurting. But now Jeongguk sees that it was not right of him to believe that.

How could Taehyung be fine already?
That's not possible and so from now on, Jeongguk wants to be very attentive of his boyfriend's feelings. He'll help Taehyung to get well again.

And what would be a better opportunity to forget all the worries than with a nice date?

As they arrive at their destination, Taehyung releases a tired sigh after driving for so long, causing Jeongguk to snap out of his thoughts. "We're here." the elder says with a yawn.

Jeongguk's eyes light up happily as he starts to look around to see where they are. His boyfriend's curiosity causes Taehyung to chuckle.

"Come on, let's go." The elder speaks as he unbuckles his seat belt. Doing the same, Jeongguk jumps out and skips to the end of the parking lot.

Taehyung who follows right after can't see his boyfriend but he is able to hear his loud gasp that signals him that he likes the surprise.

"Taehyung oh my god!" Jeongguk exclaims as he runs back to his boyfriend and jumps into his arms.

While taking ahold of the younger's thighs to keep him in place, Taehyung presses a longing kiss onto his lips.

"I know it's kinda cliché to go to a theme park as a date" Taehyung begins after he pulls back. "but you told me that you always wanted to go to one and that you never really visited such a theme park so I thought why not."

"Thank you. Really." And to see this bright smile all the time on the younger's face, Taehyung would do anything.

He releases his grip on Jeongguk's tighs, putting him down again. And then they walk hand in hand into the theme park.

Time flies by as Jeongguk wants to try every attraction (even the ones for kids) until Taehyung feels like he can't stand anymore.

"Already tired old man?" Jeongguk smiles teasingly just as Taehyung is about to sit down on a bench after their umpteenth ride.

Hearing his boyfriend's words, Taehyung halts in the middle of sitting down and glares at his boyfriend. "Old man, of course. You know that you're only three years younger right?"

"Yup!" Jeongguk laughs. "But you're an old man nevertheless."

"You!" Leaving his bench behind, Taehyung starts to chase his boyfriend through the crowd of people who are giving them weird looks but none of the two men care about them. This day is only for them two.

"Okay okay I give up!" Jeongguk laughs as Taehyung reaches him and pulls him against his chest. Both are panting heavily but there's a smile on each man's face.

"You're such a meanie." Taehyung mumbles, but places soft kisses on the younger's neck nevertheless what makes him close his eyes in contentment.

"Sure. But you love that meanie."

Jeongguk can feel a nod against his neck. "Yes, I do, with everything I have."

Their moment is interrupted by a rumble of Jeongguk's stomach. Both men can't contain the laughter because of the unique disturbance.

"Should we go eat something?" Taehyung asks as lets go of Jeongguk and takes the younger man's hand instead. "There's a nice restaurant here. I already reserved a table for us. Your stomach even knew the right time."

Jeongguk's eyes light up once more this day. "Really?" he asks, wide-eyed. "Thank you so much."

"No need to thank me. Nothing makes me happier than seeing you with a smile on your face."

_________________________________________

hey everyone! i'm sorry that you had to wait for so long again! but i hope you enjoyed the chapter nevertheless!

next chapter will be part two of the date. so prepare for fluff, fluff and fluff hihi!

i love you all! see you next time!! 💜