» 48 «

It didn't feel like much time had passed since then. It was still dark outside, and the atmosphere around the grounds was still as awful as it was when we came back.

I could hear voices discussing something, but I wasn't conscious enough to really make out who they belonged to or what they were saying.

It took me another minute before I opened my eyes, the light so dim it didn't bother me this time.

My head turned to my left slowly, and I squeezed the hand that was holding mine. "Y/n!" Wren gasped as she noticed my movement. She immediately sat down on the bed, and the room fell quiet; the conversation that was being held stopping completely. "Are you alright?"

I nodded, trying to sit up straight. My eyes scanned the room once, flying over Professor Snape, McGonagall and Dumbledore himself before landing on Malfoy sitting on a chair on the other side of my bed.

His eyes were widened, his hair messy, and he was sitting on the edge of his seat. But as soon as I looked at him, he tried to look as casual as he could, turning his head away from me, and therefore breaking our eye contact.

Suddenly, I noticed Harry wasn't here. And if he wasn't with me, nor with any of the Professors present, who exactly was he with?

"Where's Harry?" I asked, panic growing in my voice. "He's not here, where is he?"

Dumbledore gave me a reassuring smile, but, for the first time, I wasn't quite sure whether he even knew what was going on. "Don't worry. Your brother is with Professor Moody. I'm sure he'll know what to say to calm him down."

My eyes grew wide; the panic that was heard in my voice was now prominent in my facial features. "He can't be left alone with him! He took me there!" I said, my voice cracking and my body shivering as I remembered the horrible, horrible place I was stuck in just hours ago. "Please, you have to get Harry."

The three Professors looked at me, not quite sure whether to believe what I was saying, but the desperate look on my face made them hurry towards the door without another word.

The only one turning around before they left the hospital wing was Snape. As if my words made him realise something, he looked at me one last time, a hint of concern in his eyes. Whether that was for me, or the situation in general, I couldn't tell.

"What are you talking about? Who brought you where?" Wren asked concerned, and while I could feel Malfoy's eyes on me, he didn't say anything.

I took a deep breath, trying to figure out how to explain what had happened best.

While I explained, Wren asked questions every now and then, trying to wrap her head around the situation, but Malfoy stayed quiet. His face told me he was interested, but something held him back from acting like he actually was.

Why was he even here in the first place if he wasn't going to say a word?

"So, who do you think he is, then? Moody, I mean," She asked carefully as if the mention of his name would bring me right back to him.

I shook my head, annoyed I couldn't figure it out myself. "No idea, let's hope they find out." I nodded towards the door the Professors had left through, and she nodded in agreement.

It was quiet in the room for a moment, Wren looking back and forth between me and the blonde before clearing her throat. She gave me an awkward smile. "I will, uh, leave you two, I guess. I'll... see you around?" She stumbled off of my bedside, and I looked after her with a confused look on my face.

"Okay?" I heard myself say, but she was already out of the door, probably too far to hear it.

My eyes landed on Malfoy again. He was looking out of the window, but there was nothing to see there. It was pitch black outside.

"You don't have to stay, you know," I said after a while, breaking the quiet that was hanging over the room.

His head shot in my direction, eyebrows furrowed at my comment. "Why wouldn't I?" He asked, genuinely confused.

"Just, you haven't said anything at all," I sighed, and he diverted his eyes back onto whatever he was seeing outside the window. "You're not even looking at me," I added.

And then he was again; looking at me. His grey eyes full of regret, guilt and embarrassment. But what for?

He huffed, struggling to find the right words. I'd never seen him like this. "Are you still in pain? From the curse?" He suddenly asked, his voice full of concern.

I shook my head. "I just feel weak," I explained. "Much better than earlier, though."

He seemed pleased by my statement and nodded accordingly. "That's good," He said plainly, looking me up and down once before his eyes met mine. "You mentioned a group of people? Not just your brother and... him?"

He hesitated before mentioning him; mentioning Voldemort. But I just nodded.

"I didn't recognise any of them, neither do I remember much, really," I began. "The only two really standing out were this little man, quite ugly, really. I swear I've seen him before, but I really can't put my finger on it," I explained slowly.

"And the other one?" I was taken aback by his sudden interest in them but just shook it off to his curious nature.

"He was tall, long blond hair... that's all I really saw; It was quite dark, after all. But they were the only ones who had an actual conversation with Voldemort."

He flinched at the mention of that name but looked at me with pity in his eyes afterwards. "I'm sorry you had to go through that."

I gulped before shaking my head quickly. "Don't. You weren't there, and there's nothing you could've done, either. It's got nothing to do with you."

He huffed sarcastically, an expression on his face I couldn't quite place. He looked uneasy. "You don't understand," His voice was stern, and he was looking directly at me. "It's got everything to do with me."

A/N: I hope this isn't too little fluff for u guys :( I'm just rlly trying to stay true to Draco's personality and his dad being there when y/n was tortured would probably break him :( poor boy

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it!