Chapter 3

I've been sat in this goddamn office for 25 minutes with absolutely fucking nothing to do while my dad and new principal sort out the arrangements and paperwork needed for me to transfer to this hellhole

I've been sat in this goddamn office for 25 minutes with absolutely fucking nothing to do while my dad and new principal sort out the arrangements and paperwork needed for me to transfer to this hellhole. Like this one is going to be any better than the last one. Or from the last time I was here.

I used to live in New York before my dad moved me, my sister and my mum to New Jersey when I was 12. He says it would help him grow his business and find better clients. Like hell it would. We only moved because mum cheated on him with the next door neighbour so we left to make sure it wouldn't happen again. He won't say that though. Too proud of himself. I didn't even find out from him. It was my Aunt Loise (my dad's sister) that told me when I asked a few days after my 16 birthday. I was so disgusted at my mum that our whole relationship burned down. Like why would she do that to dad after everything he's done for her? And what about me and Jessica? How could she that to us?

We moved back to New York about 4 days ago because one of dad's old clients offered a deal that he couldn't refuse and it was better and easier if we moved here than him having to go back and forth for a whole year. Also because I got kicked out of my last school for lighting the principal's office on fire. He deserved it though. He would always perv on my little sister. He's lucky I didn't light him on fire instead.

As the principal stopped talking and turned around to get something from the shelf behind him, dad leaned back in the chair, looked at me and rolled his eyes. Looks like he's as bloody bored as me. It's his fault anyway. He decided to do it last minute so we had to wake up extremely early as dad had a meeting at 8 and I needed to be signed in before 8:30. The time school starts.

"Okay this should be the last one. Sign your name here and we should be done." The principal said while handing my dad a piece of paper that I had no idea what was about. He skimmed over it before signing and handing it back to the balding fat dude in front of us. "Thank you Mr.Reid you can leave. I just need to have a talk with your son, Carlos, about the rules we follow here."

I internally groaned while my dad got up and left with a smirk I knew to well. He was laughing at me on the inside. Fucking twat. Now I've got to sit here for another 15 minutes talking about some useless rules that I bet half the students here don't even follow and it's not even 8 yet. For fucks sake.

For the next 20 minutes, the principal went over rules like no violence, no inappropriate behaviour, no swearing  and always wear suitable clothes that's not too revealing. Like anyone actually follows these. We're teenagers for heavens sake. We're obviously going to go against them.

Finally, he finished and let me leave. I'm sure if I was in there any longer,  my head would of exploded with boredom. I opened the reception door and pulled out my phone, going to check the time, when I bumped into a small body and heard someone fall on the floor.

"Owie." I heard a soft voice travel through the halls. I looked down ready to shout but what I saw made my heart melt. An angel. A literal angel was on the floor in front of me. Her plump pink lips were in a pout while her hands were wiping the tears off her cheeks. Wait a minute. Why is she crying? I didn't hurt her, did I?