22

It was a quiet few days for the troublesome pair as they remain in the shadows, watching Elena struggle with her new vampirism

As this occurs, Rebekah taunts her with blood, wanting to draw out the dark side to the seemingly innocent doppelgänger. Tensions seem to soar between the members of the love triangle-Elena and the Salvatore brothers.

Despite Atë and Kol wanting to cause some ruckus, they found themselves being drawn to one another. Kol desired to know more about the goddess who walked into his life, while Atë still struggled to grasp the questions surrounding her full story.

She couldn't blame Kol for asking questions and wasn't annoyed by him at all, but hated how she couldn't answer all his inquiries.

"So Zeus, the almighty ruler of the gods, won't tell you who your father is?" Kol still struggles to grasp some of the mythological concepts, never thinking he would be in such an inferior position in the world of the supernatural. After all, he is one of the first vampires ever created, making him one of the most feared creatures to roam the Earth.

The brunette shakes her head with some frustration starting to build up, "That jackass won't even have a conversation with me."

With a bit of a playful glimmer in his eyes, he asks, "Have you ever thought about asking nicely? Or not calling him names?"

Atë narrows her eyes, knowing that he's being sarcastic, yet she whacks him on the arm anyways. The vampire feigns hurt, forcing a small smile to spread across her lips. Kol, quite pleased with himself now, throws out another suggestion, "Make him listen."

She sighs, "I wish it were the easy, but he's more stubborn than me." He raises his eyebrows as a means of egging her on and she rolls her brown eyes, "Alright."

The pair make their way outside and glance at up at the light blue sky above them, filled with puffy clouds drifting carelessly through the air.

Kol takes a seat on the steps, wanting to offer some distance as the goddess looks up, "I'm going to try to ask nicely the first time but that's all I'm offering. Zeus-will you have a conversation with me?"

The girl waits for a moment, glancing at Kol watching eagerly. He motions his hands for her to continue and she groans out. "Alright, well I don't really understand why you hate me so much and refuse to talk to me, but I guess you have your own reasons. Whatever they are, you can be the bigger god and communicate with me for once just to settle my mind."

Nothing happens, forcing Atë to continue on, "But you know what-you aren't this innocent god who is true and honest. In reality, you are a coward who can't face a banished goddess."

The sky begins to darken a bit as wind rustles the nearby trees. A passionate fire starts to grow in her core, begging for more kindle to fuel the flames. "I think you're afraid of what will happen when I do find out who my father is," She speaks as her hand reaches for the necklace that was once gifted by her unknown father.