Chapter 47

Kala's POV

I roll my eyes as Eva plops next to me at the table. She's always late for breakfast lately, because of her need to meet Fred before breakfast instead of during.

"Where's Laurie?" she asks before shoving toast in her face.

I roll my eyes again at the blondes name. Laurie was starting to grow on me, but I still had a feeling that Luna had a bit of a crush on her. Still. But I wasn't jealous, so I was not going to act like a jealous girlfriend.

"Snogging your cousins friend. Where else?" I turn towards Luna. "Lu, I have to go check on my plants in the greenhouses soon, I'll meet you at the library after you go see the Thestrals?"

"Of course." she says in her always dreamy but beautiful voice.

"Oh no." I turn back to Eva to see an owl had delivered three letters to her.

"What's wrong?" I ask peering over to see what her horrified look was about.

"They're-they're from Remus, Tonks and er Sirius." she whispers so that only I can hear. "They must have seen the Daily Prophet..."

I can't help but to laugh as her face morphs from horrified to nervous to embarrassed over and over.

"Let me see," I laugh grabbing Sirius' letter. Scanning it I can't help to laugh at are you snogging one of the Weasley's!...better not be both...when I get my hands on George...next time I see you were going to have a nice long talk.

"Who are the other two from?" I say through laughs as she just groans over Sirius' letter.

"Ones from Remus asking what really happened since he knows Rita Skeeter lies about everything. The other is from Tonks..." her face turns bright red as she stutters out, "c-congratulating me on d-dating both the twins."

I can't stop my roaring laughter at her words. Many people turn and look at us weird but I keep laughing, even having Luna join in. But her soft, sweet laughter is blocked out by loud laughter. "Oh Eva...I've got to meet this cousin of yours."

Draco's POV

"-well maybe the next task has to do with dragons because it is a dragon egg." One of the Weasel's suggests.

"Don't be stupid George, Charlie would have let us know if he was coming again." The other one, Fred, says while wrapping his arm around Eva. So Fred's the ones she's with.

"Maybe we should take a break guys-"

I take my chance to interrupt them. "Black. Weaselbee's. Can I talk to my cousin alone." There's a smirk on Eva's face as I say the word cousin, but the twins face remain twisted into a scowl. As they slowly got up I reach out and grab Fred to whisper in his ear, "You hurt her and I will kill you. Got it Fred? She is still apart of the most noble house, unlike others."

He doesn't say anything and just follows his brother, leaving me with Eva. "So your calling me cousin now?"

"Shut it. Do you want my help or not." I snap at her trying to get that smirk off her face.

"Since when were you going to help me?"

I ignore her question and start. "Saw Diggory go into the prefects bathroom a little while ago. Then a few days ago I overheard him bragging to his Ravenclaw girlfriend that you had to "mull the egg in the water"."

"So...I've just got to put the egg in the water? Where though?" I shrug as she thinks. Though she is a half-blood, it would look really good if a Black won the tournament.

"I've got it!" she exclaims loudly. "I'll see you later Draco, thanks for your help." Eva runs off quickly leaving me to get Madam Pince's wrath for her loudness.

Eva's POV

I run out of the library hoping to find Fred and George. But to my luck I run right into Mad-Eye Moody instead.

"Miss Black." he says in his low cold voice. "Come with me." With no other choice I hesitantly follow him all the way into his classroom. "You've been avoiding me. Which is understandable, I ask too many questions, and your a lot like me. You have constant vigilance." He looks me dead in the eye. "Have you figured out the egg yet?"

"I, er, was about to. I was going to take it the water." I say hesitantly.

"Good. Good. Your smart Black, good wits. Talk to me after you figured the clue out. Don't worry, I won't ask you more questions. Just this one now. Are you hesitant to talk to me because of your hatred towards Muggles, that was caused by John Jackson. I've seen the look of disgust when his name is mentioned. Even though I am an auror, I want you to know you can always tell me your opinions about...them."

I shudder at his name and under Moody's gaze. Something told me that he wanted me to say I did hate Muggles. Quickly I just mutter, "Yeah." hoping that would keep him away.