33

Drea, put away the cold cuts and looked at everyone. " Well? Do we have any plans for today? " He asked as he picked up Patches, who fidgeted before settling in his arms.

The boys looked between each other. Each of them shared a similar thoughtful expression.

" Well... We could... Uhhh " Eret stared blankly. He shrugged and shook his head.

" Well... No plans then. Why? " Sapnap said before looking up.

" I dunno. I guess we could just talk. " Dream said awkwardly, shifting Patches who seemed to grumble in his arms.

" Well, I have to go this month. " Sapnap announced. George gasped.

" I forgot you stay with your family during the month of November. " George huffed.

" yeah. So like, I leave tomorrow so let's not burn down the house and what not. Also don't get into too much trouble, I won't be there to save you and while Patches is wonderful and all, I don't think she can teleport. " Sapnap said as he motioned to the cat, who seemed to grin cheekily.

" You'd be surprised. " Dream said with a shrug. " I don't even know all of her abilities. "

George chuckled softly. " I know she can do a lot, but I doubt she can teleport. "

Dream's tail flicked and he shrugged.

" It's going to be way too quiet without you. " He said casually. Sapnap's eyes darkened with sadness.

" That's how I felt when George died. " He muttered. George looked slightly guilty as mumbled a sorry and patted his back.

" It's not your fault, stop saying sorry. " Sapnap huffed bitterly. " I just wish I acted faster. " He visibly shuttered. Dream tilted his head.

" What happened? " Dream asked curiously, his ears perking ever so slightly, his tail curled around the chair.

" He never told you? " Sapnap asked incredulously. Dream shook his head.

" don't tell! " George spat out, his eyes wide with fear. Dream flinched. Eret frowned and stayed silent.

" sorry. " George mumbled after a tense moment of silence. A series of mumbles broke out.

" It's okay. Tell me when you're ready. " Dream responded, patting him. George nodded.

A tense silence sat heavy in the air after that. Dream and Eret had looked between each other in silent conversation and both left to head towards the land of the dead.

He made a little path with Eret towards the area while they idly chatted.

They settled down in the small clearing and worked on clearing out the weeds and what not.

" Dream, have you told George yet? " Dream shook his head. Eret sighed.

Dream flopped down in the grass, giving a small sigh. " Why do you think George is so defensive about it? " he asked, fixing his mask, albeit doing so very carefully. He really didn't feel like cutting his hand again.

" He might've gone in a bad way. That would explain a lot. " Eret said.

" Do you think he was stabbed?" Dream asked quietly, sitting up and looking at Eret.

" What makes you think that?" Eret asked.

" Well... Remember when you said it was so loud it sounded like someone was being stabbed constantly. He didn't react very nicely to that. He looked panicked, remember? " Dream explained, fidgeting with the tip of his tail.

" Your right. " Eret nodded. " He seemed really off after I said that. Who would stab him though. " Dream's wings started steaming. '' Chill out, we don't want to light the forest on fire. I'm pretty sure hell fire's not very easy to put out. " Dream readjusted his wings and shook his head.

" I don't know who would stab him, whoever it is, they better be ready to die. " Dream snarled, examining his clawed fingertips, which seemed exceptionally sharp at the moment.

Eret frowned.

" We'll just have to wait until he tells us. " He said. Dream huffed with frustration.

They fell quiet and looked up at the sky. It had gotten exceptionally dark.

Dream glanced around wearily, he could've swore he heard rustling in a far off bush, but Eret looked untroubled as he star-gazed. Dream glanced back up at the sky but jumped when he heard more rustling. He looked around wildly with paranoia.

" Do you hear that? " Dream asked urgently, nudging Eret. Eret glared in response, sitting up slightly.

" What? No. I haven't heard anything. " Eret said as he looked at the imp, who had pure panic in his expression. Eret fixed his sunglasses and sat up entirely.

" Do you want to start heading back? " He asked, patting Dream's shoulder.

Dream nodded eagerly and darted to his feet. He ran forwards and screeched in surprise as something jumped from the bushes at him. He was cowering with fear and was covering his face.

He could hear Eret laughing hysterically and slowly moved his arms from his face, being met by a rather cute fuzzy face of an animal with ears similar to his. He tilted his head. What was this thing? It seemed so threatening at first, but now he just felt silly.

" What the fuck is that thing? " He asked as he crouched down in front of it and it turned tail and gave an alarmed squeak, darting back into the bushes. Dream frowned. He didn't mean to scare it.

" It's- It's a rabbit, Dream. " Eret coughed out through his laughter. He beamed at the blonde, who was watching the bush with wide, glowing eyes that he could see from behind the mask.

" It was so cute. " Dream cooed as he stood up.

" Mhm. " Eret followed the trail they made back to the house.

They opened the back door and George looked up apprehensively before jolting to his feet and launching himself at Dream. Dream blinked and barely managed to catch him in time.

" God, Sapnap and I were so worried, you were gone the entire day, Dream! I thought something had happened. " George went on and on and Dream's expression softened as he ran a hand through the brunet's hair.

" It's okay, George. Shhh. " He comforted the Brit. George nuzzled his face into Dream's chest and Dream involuntarily felt his cheeks heat up.

" I'm not going anywhere. " He promised gently. 

But can he keep that promise? >:)) 

Anyhow, I'm scrambling for plot ideas B)

I'm bored and don't really have much to say sooo

Love y'all!!

Moony <3