𝟢𝟣 | 𝖠𝖴𝖱𝖠

"I'LL SEE YOU MONDAY, MOMMA," The brown-skinned girl said while grabbing her designer duffle bag to put over her shoulder

"Okay, baby. Text me when you make it." Her mother walked with her to the door. "I will. Love you." Corinne smiles as her mom gives her a hug and kiss on the cheek. "Love you more, princess."

When Corinne finally gets into her car and puts her father's address into her GPS. It had been a while and even though she knew how to get there, she needed the best route.

The city changed as she went from the Gold Coast to West Side. It went from the luxury department stores and five-star restaurants to the shops on Madison and Springfield and Baba's Famous Steak and Lemonade.
When she finally made it to her father's block, somebody was pulling out of the park directly in front of his reworked two-flat.

There were five boys on the corner who had been staring; just waiting to see who got out of the black Benz. Eventually, one of the boys pretended to walk past the car. Just to see who was driving but he was too obvious.

"Ion know who shorty is!" He yelled,before taking off running back to the corner.

Once Corinne got over her nerves, she got out of her car. It was the first time she had been to her father's house in a year due to her grandmother getting sick and moving in with her and her mother.

She didn't know what she was walking into.

Corinne grabbed her purse, and walked to the trunk to get the duffle bag, before locking the car door. She walked up the stairs to the front door.

"Damn! Wait a minute," She hears her father groan, after a her knocking turns into poundin due to the doorbell not working. When he finally makes it to the door, he opens it to let her in.

"You should've texted me to open the door, " He says, hugging her before she could even walk in.

"I did." She tells him as they enter the family room. "Awe. Well, you can go put your stuff in the room. Kelsi and Kelis should be here soon." He informs her.

It took everything in her not to roll her eyes at the mention of his girlfriend and her daughter. They weren't terrible but Kelsi tried too hard to be a mother to a child that was hers and Kelis was too fast for her liking.

Corinne's father Kairi who was better known as Priest had been with Kelsi since Corinne was thirteen meaning they were reaching the three year mark in their relationship. It would be cool if Priest wasn't going on twenty-seven years of marriage to Corinne's mother.

It was ghetto as hell, to be honest.

"Ok," Corinne says. She walks to her room to see two twin beds with one side decorated up with K's everywhere. Priest was trying to force Kelis on Corinne but Corinne just wasn't with it.