Chapter 50 - There's a lot we can do in half an hour

Erin walked through the train, trying to find her little brother. She had searched for him all morning, but he was clearly avoiding her. At these times she really wished they were sorted into the same house.

She found him all the way in the back of the train, in a compartment with Seamus and Dean. Erin was really happy she had learned their names through Fred and George. She gently opened the compartment and Benjamin immediately looked annoyed.

"Uh- Seamus, Dean, uh- Harry wanted to see you two", she said awkwardly. She was pretty sure they didn't believe her apparent lie, but they simply shrugged and left the compartment. Benjamin crossed his arms and stared out of the window. Erin sat down besides him and tried to find the right words.

"Look, Benji, I'm not going to come up with any excuses for why I haven't spent as much time as I should have with you, because I don't have any. I was so focused on myself that I forgot that you have troubles too sometimes. I just want you to know that I'm really, really sorry. I do care about you, a lot, I'm just not so good at showing it."

Benjamin glanced in her direction, but still didn't say anything.

"Come on, Benji, please forgive your big sister", she smiled and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, pulling him into a side-hug.

"No, don't touch me", Benjamin complained, trying to push her away, but she didn't let go.

"No, come on, hug me back little bro", she said, ignoring his protests. "I'm not letting go before I get a hug."

"Erin, let go!" Benjamin shouted, but Erin could hear in his voice that he was slowly giving in.

"Nope, not happening!" It took her a while, but eventually Benjamin stopped trying and let his sister hug him.

"I'm still mad at you", he said, a small smile tugging on his lips.

"Hmm, I think I know something that could cheer you up." Benjamin looked at her suspiciously, his interest clearly peaked.

"What if I could get you a meet and greet with the Puddlemere United quidditch team?" she wiggled her eyebrows. She hadn't asked Oliver that, but he'd be able to fix something.

"Really?" Benji asked suspiciously. "Even Benjy Williams?"

"Even Benjy Williams", Erin grinned. She was quite looking forward to Oliver's match. She couldn't wait to see Benjy again.

"Okay, I guess I could forgive you then", he smiled. Erin had technically bribed him, but she did mean well.

"I promise I'll be a better sister, okay?" She stood up as she noticed Seamus and Dean who had returned.

"Sorry for that, boys", she grinned before going back to her own compartment.

The rest of the ride went by excruciatingly slow as Erin counted down the seconds until she'd see Oliver again. Now her George worries were out of her head, she couldn't wait to see him again. For a split second she thought of the possibility of him not showing up, but she knew he would never do that. If he did, she'd avada kedavra him right away.

But he did show. The moment the train rolled into the station, she spotted him first in line, checking the windows for her face. He couldn't see her from where she was standing, but just him being there made Erin the happiest girl in the world. It had been just two weeks, but she had missed him so badly.

"Go get your man. Happy Christmas", Beatrice said with a grin. Meredith was waiting for her as well.

"Happy Christmas B, be on the look-out for my gift", she grinned and hugged her best friend. Although Christmas was technically yesterday, they had a tradition of sending each other a gift over the holidays, even though they saw each other every other day of the year. Erin made a mental note to go to the city to get her something nice.