𝐯𝐢𝐢. joanna

CHAPTER SEVEN

casterly rock, house lannisterthe westerlands

the westerlands

AS THE MORNING ROSE, JOANNA HAD FOUND HERSELF SEATED IN FRONT OF HER VANITY, HOLDING A LETTER IN HER HANDS WHILE LOOKING OVER IT. She had her lips pressed together, her brows furred. When Audrei had told her that a letter arrived for her she knew who it was from. Audrei had styled her hair in a northern way this morning, her long dark hair on her back with only two strands of curls on her face. Her dress however, was a Lannister red that she was sure going to please Lord Tywin.

Her lips pulled up into a smile, her thoughts of her father in law had changed from a strict, frightening lord to a caring and lovable lord father. She stiffened at her words, she had always felt Lord Tywin reminded her of someone. He reminded her of her father, Rickard Stark. Though her father was much more compatible, her father in law was very much outspoken and proud, yet she found herself liking that about him. He held his ground.

Her fingers moved to open the lion wax seal, her hands fidgeting at every turn. She even managed to rip the side of the letter but she could care less. She had sent a message to Cersei discussing herself and Jaime. Though, she had taken quite a long time answering back as Jaime had arrived some moons ago, she felt her eyes fasten with pathetic tears as she reads through them.

My dear sister,

I do thank you for your thanks, dare I say. I am doing fine, hopefully you do to. Regarding Jaime, I am afraid to tell you that he will never love you. My brother is kind yes, but he also takes what he wants whenever he wants. Remember that dear sister. My brother is playing the part of a dutiful husband as you are playing your role as dutiful wife. Do not fool yourself to think you will mean anything more then him then a broodmare.

Your Queen,
Cersei Lannister

"My Lady," Joanna lifts her head from her embroidery on her lap. Her eyes kind as she gives a gentle nod to the guard.

"Lord Tywin wishes to see you, my Lady."

Joanna furred her brows, she did not know why her father in law wanted to speak to her. Jaime was not by her side as he was with Sterlan. Her boy had already started to scrawl, and was nearly a year old. The thought excited her, she was so proud of her son and he is only one year old.

Joanna stands, laying her embroidery gently on her seat as she silently follows the Lannister guard behind him to a door that belongs to Tywin's solar. The guard knocks on the door and a strong voice allows her to walk inside.