Soulmate

I think the saddest part about you and I was that I truly did love you. You were so busy trying to protect your heart that you ended up breaking mine , over and over again. And it breaks my heart because I would have given anything to get just a glimpse or just a taste of your unconditional love. I literally would have given up everything and cut off everyone just to make you happy , because I loved you more than I had ever loved anyone else in my life , I loved you more than I loved myself.

I loved you even when you were heartless , I loved you even when you were high and I loved you even when you let him put his hands on you and mark you in ways that make my stomach turn and my heart literally sink into my gut , I loved you a little too much. After all this time I can't look at you as anything but beautiful because I know your soul , I probably know it better than you do yourself.

I had to leave because if I didn't I was going to hate you and I couldn't do that because our love was far too Beautiful for me to let it get like that. And I miss you , I truly do but we both have some growing up to do but until than our paths cannot cross again because I'm scared that we'll destroy the only two things we ever truly cared about , each other.

If our paths ever cross again I'll know that you and I were something meant for books and romance movies , and I'll know that I was right , that you truly are my soulmate.

-Liyah Smith