Chapter thirty five

"All fighters form up, this isn't going to be a smooth ride." Anakins reassuring voice came on through the coms as we left the cruiser hanger. I had my fingers crossed and was just praying I'd remember everything Anakin had taught me on our flight out as I bought up the rear of the group in my newly assigned fighter with its purple plating. Seemed purple was becoming my military colour according to everyone around.

There were around twenty of us flying out to break through separatist defences, three Jedi and seventeen clones including captain Rex and Dice along with Commander Cody of the 212th.  Blaster fire whizzed all around the second we began our approach, which would have been nerve wracking enough without the added pressure of supposedly having to lead my own squad through this hell.

"Anakin, my squad will take care of their cannon, you and (y/n) try to break through and land on the surface." Obi wan instructed while braking off with five of his own fighter and heading towards the separatist cruisers while ours provided back up fire to cover the attack.

"I hear you master, (y/n) are you ok with that plan?" Anakin proceeded to ask as we continued ahead. I was able to see his yellow ship spinning somewhere up ahead causing a small smile. I was marrying surely one of the best pilots in the republic.

"All alright here general, I'll follow your lead," I responded while banking left to avoid a run of intense fire, starting to feel as though maybe I was getting the hang of this flying lark. But then of course I faltered and dropped down, stumbling with the controls for a moment before catching myself. "Technical glitch, I'm alright." I quickly spoke up before anyone took the cha cue to worry.

'Are you sure you're ok to do this?'
Anakins concerned voice spoke directly to my mind and mine alone.

'I'll be fine Anakin don't worry, just focus on the mission'
I responded while checking my flight navigation and blaster targeting for any more anomalies.

"Okay then, let's begin." He spoke through the speaker while giving me the feel that he understood.

"Rodger that sir."

"Right behind you general."

"See you on the surface boys." I responded after the clones made their comments, watching them swerve into various formations before me following Anakins gallant lead. Behind them I smiled to myself and began to follow directly through after at speed. Since I wasn't so much of a fighter my personal mission was brining down medical supplies-since I was a healer technically I'd be acting as the groups medic until support could break through.

"R5 raise our shield to full and provide automatic fire from the, Er...starboard? Oh to hell with it, provide cover from the front guns." I instructed as I focused my own attention of piloting.   The black and grey droid spun my way while bleeping, the ships guns raising as he looked back ahead and beginning to fire.

"Vulture droids to the left generals." Captain Rex spoke through the comms as a warning.

"I hear you Rex, everybody stay close, (y/n), try to stay close." Anakin responded, sounding close even though he was pretty far ahead. It was pretty sweet how he refused to use my last name, it gave the situation a familial sense of comfort. Though, I was still a little worried that the clones may catch on the the attachment between us, or worse Obi wan.

"You got it Skywalker," I replied while attempting a spin only for my head to do more spinning than the ship. Reaching up I held my head for a moment and decided maybe sticking close with the troopers would be easier than Anakin. "Dice I'm coming in behind you, please try not to suddenly swerve like Anakin does." I called ahead as I approached the marked up republic fighter in royal blue and violet.