𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

I see a lot of comments in the following chapters calling Romina "dramatic", or telling her to "stop crying". Put yourself in her position. She knows practically nothing, Aziel is her first shot at knowing someone besides family, and he's not exactly there with kind and loving intentions. Even if she doesn't know of his intentions, people can still 'feel' if something is wrong. I wrote her based off my own experience with groomers & manipulative people. We cry because something feels off, and we feel that the thing that is off is ourselves. It hurts and it can seem dramatic to those that do not understand.

Stop calling my baby weak.

Chapter Eighteen

When my body hit my pillows, and my tears were dried from my eyes, I did the one thing I wanted to do last.

I slept.

AZIEL

The sound of her muffled cries finally faded away, and I knew that she was finally asleep. I lay myself down on the bed and closed my eyes, calming my breathing. I tried to envision myself in her dreams once more: those rosy, rosy lips; her soft cries that ignited the fires deep within me—not my soul, for I had none. I pictured the heat of her small body beneath me. I pictured the feeling of her caving against me, coming and pouring her sweet juices out as I brought her to release. The thick lips of her pussy had always drawn me forward. I wanted nothing more than to indulge myself in them—to rid myself of this mission and get onto the next, but there was something precious with playing with a prey as innocent as she. Romina.

The words rested in my mind. She was so good and kind. Nothing like me. I would ruin her world. She would hate me eventually—but would she? Was she truly capable of hate?

I doubted it.

Stop thinking about her, I snapped to myself. She's asleep and you have a job to do.

So I closed my eyes and entered the Void.

This was my favourite part of my world: the Void. It wasn't small, it wasn't large. It was nothing and my everything. So calm, so empty. So full. I dove deep until I found Romina. She was floating in the murky blackness, and the closer I neared her, the clearer she became to me; no longer was her beautiful face distorted by the ripples in the Void. All was still, but she was not calm.

Red tear stains lined her delicate cheeks. Eyes drinking in her weakened state, I tried to remain still as I crept onto her bed.

She looked so vulnerable, there, on the bed. Tear stained sheets and arms curled tight against her body. I saw her lip tremble. I saw how tightly the covers around her body were. I saw that she was trying to protect herself from the world and her mind.

There is no protection from the mind. There is no protection from the heart. So that is where I attack.

I attack where there are no defenses left. I attack and I take and I leave.

"Aziel..." She whispered quietly into her pillow, pushing her face further into the soft material. Her arms got caught under her body, so I pulled them out so she wouldn't lose circulation.

As she said my name, her lips started to smile.

"Where are you?" She asked mindlessly. Her eyes were still closed, so she couldn't see me by her side. She couldn't see me as I pulled the covers over her exposed shoulders.

She'd get cold in weather like this. Her father better fucking install a heater some time soon.

She shifted, pushing her knee against mine. She might have felt me there, but she made no movement to open her eyes. I didn't know why I hadn't already torn the sheets from her body and devoured everything she had to offer. I didn't know. Not at all.

When I stayed silent, her brows pulled together in that little cute way she did.

"...Aziel?"

There was a hopeful weakness in her voice now. The hope I knew would appear. But why did she want to see me now, after I'd said the things I'd said at dinner? She should be angry with me. She should be sad. I was here to make it up to her, to make her feel better.

So why couldn't I stop staring?

It was then that her eyes popped open. I slid off the bed in a silent maneuver, lying on the ground on my ass. I heard her sit up. I felt her eyes scan the area around her, the Void. The nothingness.

She must feel so alone. So lost. The Void wasn't scary when someone else was there with you.

I didn't know why I didn't just stand and walk over to her. I could easily do it. The shadows and ripples of the Void would make it seem like I had just appeared.

I heard her choke back a sob. It was a pathetic, desperate sob. One that even I, a demon, knew and felt. To feel lonely. To feel scared.

Fuck, Romina. I could picture her terrified face so clearly in my mind: her dark umber eyes widened in fear, still puffy and red from her tears. The tears that were probably trailing down her cheeks right now. I could picture her hands as they held each other close to her chest, holding herself there, trying to keep herself together.

Get up, I told myself.

I didn't move.

"Mama said I had a choice to make." She said. To no one, she thought. But I was there.

Maybe, deep down, she hoped that I was listening. "That I have privilege. Maybe I do...I don't know." Her voice dropped to a quiet murmur, and in that moment I realized just how truly alone this girl must feel, day in, day out.

"I'm scared, though. I don't know how I'll handle loving a husband." She paused. My fists tightened. The very image of a man laying his hand on her—her innocent, delicate soul—filled me with a hungerish need to take all she had so there was nothing left for them to take. "I want to feel like I do when you touch me, Aziel. I want to feel..." She paused, and I waited for the words I knew were going to come. "...warm."

I do not make you feel warm.

I closed my eyes. Sighed. "Wake up, Romina."

She jumped. The Void started to shatter all around, collapsing around us. She was bound to wake up soon, and so was I. I stood when the waves of distortion were strong enough for her to not see me. I saw her there: lone, on the bed, tears staining her face like molten gold streams.

I knew that I only ever stayed this long with my prey because they were fun to play with, but that was not entirely true, because I knew that I was not just playing with games with Romina.

In some ways, she was playing with me too.

(a/n: What do you guys think about Aziel's pov? I was really unsure if it would mess up his whole ViBe or whatever, but it's posted and it's too late to pull out. My pull out game just ain't that strong, apparently.

update: i have impregnated ten women. my pull out game is indeed weak. i don't even have a dic-)