Chapter 14: Pre-war (Sports Festival Arc Part 1)

(K, so I've decided to make Agent Venom/Flash Thompson a character, but literally nothing else. He won't be acting as a Marvel Character. He will be a top 10 American hero and will be Izuku's teacher for the internships. Venom is an entirely separate quirk that just happens to be just like Toxin but a bit weaker.)

'So this is it?'

'Yup. You think we can win?'

'Of course I do. You have me after all.'

'Got that right. We haven't lost a fight yet. As of now, we're at least tied for strongest in the class.'

'Damn straight, Izuku. There's no excuse to lose. We will crush everyone beneath us like flies today!!'

'Jeez, I like the enthusiasm, but you sound a lot like Bakugo right now. Are you ok?'

'Yes... but i'm very, very, hungry. Remember that man that we threatened last night? I really, really wanted to eat him.'

'Fine, let's get you some food.'

Izuku got out of bed at around 6 in the morning to get food for his quirk. He had forgotten that Toxin needed to quench his hunger as well. They left the building and walked outside. Everywhere they looked, there were small birds and land mammals like squirrels and rabbits running about, almost asking to be slaughtered, and their taunting would become their peril. The duo went red, and quickly exterminated 3 birds, 2 rabbits, and 4 squirrels, which was enough to satisfy the sentient quirk.

"Blegh... How do you enjoy that garbage?"

"GARBAGE?!! FLESH IS THE MEAT OF THE HOLY ONE ABOVE!!" Toxin yelled, sticking his head out of Izuku's shoulder.

"But..." He realized something plainly obvious, "Isn't all meat technically flesh?"

"..."

"Uhhhh...?"

"SHUT UP!!!"

Izuku walked back inside the apartment building, ignoring Toxin trying to bite off his head and reeling back in pain when it hurts him to.

'Smart move...'

The clock had struck 7 as Izuku opened the door to his home, and his mother was up, making a bit of food. She hummed a little toon as her hands shifted around through the pots and pans. Her child walked behind her and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, Mom. You feeling ok?" He asked, making sure for Inko's wellbeing.

"Yeah, I'm feeling fine. I heard you getting up early so I decided to greet you when you got back. Are you hungry at all?" Izuku shook his head to signify a no.

"Toxin needed... feeding, so I think I'm gonna skip out on breakfast."

"Animals for Toxin, right?" Inko confirmed.

"Yeah. It's a bit vulgar, but I guess I'm full, ehehe."

"Ok... You should get ready for school. The Sports Festival is today!! I'll be watching you, so you better do well!!" Izuku smiled to himself. The thought of him competing in such an important event was surreal. It was an idea that he had harbored in his mind for years and years before his quirk manifesting, but never thought it would come into fruition.

"Don't worry mom. There's no way in hell I'm gonna come in anything but 1st place."

...

Izuku checked his notes on his walk to school. There was a necessary game plan for the battles against certain opponents. He had seen enough sports festivals to know that the 1 v 1 tournament was a popular event, and there were a few kids who were subjects of worry.

Bakugo and Todoroki were both using heat based quirks, and that was a detrimental factor. The other two of the top 3 had complete advantages on him.

"Ugh... this is gonna be hard..."

He made sure to walk alone to school and avoid any human contact. It was all a distraction to the goal. There was no other option besides winning, and there was no excuse for failing to do so. The cold morning air attempted to send chills down Izuku's spine, but it was to no avail. He reached the school but was aware that they weren't going to class, so he went to the arena. There was a changing room for them to wait in during the pre-tournament period and between events, but Izuku ignored it's presence and found his own little place to vent. The place was right next to the exitway to the battlefield. He wore his P.E. uniform to school so changing wasn't necessary either. He sat himself against the wall and lost himself in a deep thought. Many of his fellow students saw him down the hallway but chose not to disturb him, as they were able to tell that he was focused. It would've been rude to try and interrupt his train of thought.

Time slowed down for Izuku. Every little puzzle piece was working out in his head. The weaknesses of every single one of his classmates were being figured out and discovered by the green haired teen.

'Sero... cut the tape and you win... Mineta... predict where he bounces... and you win... Uraraka... keep at long range or pull yourself to the ground if your touched... Todoroki... move around and out maneuver him... Yaoyorozu... take her out before she can make anything..."

It didn't make much of a difference with what the event was. He could use his notes and strategies in any applicable scenario, and would completely destroy all who opposed him in the process.

As he was voyaging through space and time in his conscious, people were filling in the seats of the colosseum, and the time of the event was growing nearer and nearer, and it led to someone getting in the apparent necessary words in before the start.

"Izuku Midoriya."

Izuku heard his name and looked up to see Todoroki standing above him with a stern look that reeked of anger.

"Yeah? Do you have something to say?"

"Yes. You may consider yourself the strongest in the class, but I can promise you that I'll crush you with just my ice. This is a declaration of war." He turned and walked back towards the other direction, leaving Izuku alone to contemplate what he had heard.

'Todoroki... why do you have to make me sound so goddamn cocky?'