◖ 20 ◗

𝐌𝐀𝐘  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐌𝐀𝐘 ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

               Keys jangled as the correctional officer's black tactical boots settled down on the floor, each foot in regular pace and the flashlight pointing ahead. He stopped briefly at the bar door, unlocking it with one of the many keys, and walked inside toward the cell doors. He opened a specific door with loud snoring riding through his eardrums.

               "Greene." he called, pointing the flashlight in the inmates face who slept peacefully. He kicked his bunk and the inmate groaned the light in his face. "Get the hell up, Greene."

               The other inmate groaned, covering his face. "Hurr'up so he can get outta hea' wit dat fuckin' light."

               The legs of the stocky man were tossed off the bottom bunk and feet sliding into the prison-provided slides. He had a light shade of brown skin with a matted thick afro and scruffy facial hair. He stood tiredly and held his wrist in front of him. "Where we goin'?"

               The correctional officer ignored him and cuffed his wrists. He shoved him forward to walk, shutting the cell door behind. He leaded him down a number of hallways with the cameras turned to blindspots. He spotted the inmate in front of the door that showed darkness on the other side.

               His face screwed in confusion. "What the fuck is this?"

               "Move." the officer pushed him forward and the inmate stumbled slightly. He sucked his teeth, blowing out a sharp breath and kept walking until their was a light shining. "Stop right there."

               His feet halted near a steel workbench as he overheard footsteps approaching. He squinted his eyes, desperately trying to see who was walking in his direction. The stature appeared in the dim light and he recognized the male in the all-black. "...Ace? Whatchu, uh, doin' hea'? I thought you got out."

               "You ain't seen me 'round hea', have you?" Toby retorted with a question.

               The inmate stared at the correctional officer and Toby. "So... whatchu doin' back?"

               "To chop it up witchu, Don." Toby held an amused expression.

               "What about?"

               "Butts; CO Butts, to be specific." he stood in front of Don, "Y'know who I'm talkin' bout, don't you?"