james potter : i still remember

(Y/N) could have sworn Dumbledore hated her, or was her punishing for something. Not that the old man put that much effort into making teams or cared that much about the gossip inside the Order. However, she could have sworn he did this on purpose.

James Potter, of course it was James Potter that she was paired with for this mission for the order.

Over the past year of joining the order, fresh out of Hogwarts, (Y/N) had been lucky enough to avoid James completely. Most order meetings consisted of a handful of members, not wanting risk everyone being in one place. So it was rare for her to see any of the Marauders, let alone James himself.

But now, here (Y/N) was, sitting in a shop just across from a known Death Eaters hideout location, waiting for James to arrive.

Who was late.

(Y/N) tried not to be surprised, of course James was late. It had been one of their biggest issues during their relationship. Not to mention that James didn't seem to care about how she felt or what she wanted or needed. Nothing major. (James' words not hers).

The bell on the door to shop rang lightly as too signal someone entering. However (Y/N)'s eyes were still trained on the entrance of the building across the alley, taking note of every person she saw enter in and out.

"I know I'm late." A classic line, (Y/N) said and rolled her eyes, not even bothering to look up at James as he pulled out a chair across from her. "I'm sorry."

That caught (Y/N)'s attention, she had never known James to be the kind of person to apologize for his actions, regardless of if he should have. She flickered her gaze to his with a raised eyebrow, "Okay." (Y/N) cleared her throat, "How do you want to do this? I brought some Polyjuice or we could use the cloak if you've brought it."

Not only were (Y/N) and James suppose to note who came in and out of the Death Eaters hide out, they were also suppose to get inside the building in order to do some recon. James had suggested that they tamper with or steal something while inside, completely missing that the idea was to gain information without anyone knowing they had been there.

"Oh." James said, looking down at his hands as they were sat clasped on the table between he and (Y/N). "I suppose Polyjuice could be fine, I was going to suggest just walking in." He said, leaning back, taking a quick glance over his shoulder, and looking back at her with a soft grin.

"You have got to be kidding me." (Y/N) laughed, "James they are not just going to let us walk in there, what if it's Malfoy at the door?" She told him, huffing in annoyance. "It really is a miracle you're still alive." (Y/N) meant for it to come out teasingly, the way she had used to talk to him. However instead, her response had be sharp tongued as if she had aimed to hurt him.

A surprised, and almost hurt look flashed across his face, "Alright then." It took James only a moment to regain his composure, pushing down his hurt expression and speaking again. "Who did you suppose we impersonate?"

A sly smirk rose on (Y/N)'s lips, "Well who better than Lucious and Narcissa?"

James let out a howl of laughter, "Blimy, how did you manage to get a hold of some of each of their hair? Actually don't tell me, I'm afraid." He told her, watching her as she began pulling out two large canisters.

(Y/N) crinkled her nose, "Trust me you don't want to know."

It tasted disgusting, that was for sure. Both (Y/N) and James tried to hold the potion down and not to gag in public as they chocked down the potion.

"We should get going." James muttered, standing up abruptly and dashing towards the bathroom. "Before someone sees our hair turn white." He tried to joke, holding a hand over his mouth.