Lies

Cove's hoodie^^^
Cove's POV
"Thank you River, I had sooo much fun today!" I smiled up at him.

"Anything for you baby, you know you're so special right? I'd do anything for you."

I smiled and nodded at him. I expected to see him smiling back at me, but instead his expression became serious and worried.

"I'd even die for you."

Those words took me off guard and I made eye contact with him, only to see his eyes looking completely empty. It's scaring me.

"River? River are you okay!?" He opened his mouth, but no sound came out of it.  His eyes shifted downwards and filled with terror.

I looked down to see what he's looking at. My eyes filled with horror at the sight before me.

Oh gosh, no no no this can't be happening.

There's a huge gaping bullet hole in the middle of his chest. Blood is seeping through his shirt, staining it a dark reddish brown color.

I look up at his face again in order to free my eyes from the terrible scene in front of me.

Except that only made things worse. His face, it's look so broken. Blood is spilling out of his mouth and falling onto his shoes.

His eyes. His eyes are full of tears.

"No no no, River. Please no. You're okay River, you're going to make it through this. I'll be here with you, I won't go anywhere. We can be together forever."

A tiny smile grazed his lips. I smiled back at him, he's okay! Everything will be okay. We're going to get through this.

But his smile fell just as quickly as it came. His eye lids stared to get heavy, and he closed them.

"No River, no! Open you're eyes, everything will be okay."

His face dropped and he fell limp against the wall behind us, slowly sliding down until he hit the ground.

"No River please! Please open your eyes!" I cried.

He didn't.

"No no no no no, this can't be happening! You're okay! You're fine, you're going to be okay look at me!"

He didn't respond.

"No no no no no," I fell onto the ground and clutched his hands. I moved my hand to his wrist and felt it.

No pulse.

He's gone.

I woke up with a startle. Air came into my lungs in deep breathes as I tried to compose myself.

I'm okay. River's okay. Everything is okay. No one can hurt us, everything is fine.

I felt around until my hand came in contact with River's face. He's fine, he's right here sleeping soundly without a single worry in the world.

I pressed my head against River's chest and listened to his steady heartbeat.

Thump-Thump. Thump-Thump. Thump-Thump.

I took deep breaths and followed his breathing until mine fine back into a consistent pattern.

There we go, all better.

All night I've been shifting in and out of sleep. Every time I close my eyes, I see the guys in black running around shooting their guns at innocent people.