SEVEN

A.N I'm so sorry for the long awaited chapter! I've been doing school online and via zoom for the past 7 months and it's just started back face to face last week. I swear my teachers now think it's ok to give me even more homework.

My goal is to try and update at least twice a week, but I don't think that will happen for a while and I can't promise anything. For now, I hope you enjoy this chapter x

E L A I N A

So far today has been spent entirely with Harry and his family and it's very easy to say that I'm enjoying every bit of it. Conversation easily flows with everyone here and as more of the day passes, the more I see how kindhearted and loving Harry's family are. 

I'm currently sat on the couch with Gemma and Anne. I don't have the slightest clue to where Harry, Michael and Robin have gotten to but I'm enjoying the laughs and conversation far too much to find out. 

"That's priceless!" Gemma laughs after just hearing the not so famous story of how I drunk texted my movie director. Anne is laughing along with her, and although this seems like a topic I wouldn't genuinely converse with a boyfriend's Mum, Anne is proving to be enjoying the topic just as much as Gemma. 

"I still remember the time when Harry called me while drunk, telling me he missed working at the bakery." Anne says with a chuckle.

"The bakery?" I question and I sense Gemma's eyes flick to me almost immediately.

"Oh yes, Harry used to work at a bakery before he signed up for the X-factor," Anne tells me. "We'll have to take you down one time. There's a photo of him working there that I'm sure you'll love to see." She adds and my lips stretch into a grin.

"How about no." Harrys deep voice comes abruptly from behind us. I turn around, raising my eyebrows at him as he, Michael and Robin make their way into the living room. 

"You seriously have the worst timing." Gemma says and I let out a chuckle while he sits down beside me.

"How about I show Elaina the garden in the back for now?" Robin suggests with a soft smile and I feel a tinge of worry. He surely can't suspect anything because we haven't really given him a reason to, other than Harry's minor slip up last night.

From the corner of my eye I see Harry's eyes quickly flick to me.

"I would love that." I reply with a kind smile. Ignoring the small amount of worry, I stand up and turn to Robin where we make our way into the backyard.

Just like the inside of Robin and Anne's home, their backyard is just as beautiful. There are beds of roses in arrays of warm pinks, yellows as well as whites and their green lawn is freshly cut.

Robin and I walk along the pavement that follows beside the sweet scented flowers. Other than our breaths, the only sound we hear are the chirping of birds and the slight breeze in the air.

"You know, I didn't think that I would get to meet you," Robin's gentle voice breaks the silence. I look towards him with furrowed eyebrows and his soft eyes meet with mine. "I'm not sure if Harry's mentioned it yet, but, I have cancer." My heart breaks hearing the words come from him.

"I'm sorry." I say gently and he sends me a small, warm smile.

"It means everything to be able to watch Harry and Gemma form a relationship with someone special to the them. I know I can only hope that I can continue watching your relationship grow stronger, but for now, I'm just very glad I've gotten to meet you." He says to me.

"I'm glad I've gotten to meet you as well, Robin. It's been lovely getting to know you, Anne, Gemma and Michael too. You're all wonderful people to be around." I tell him truthfully and another warm smile pulls his lips upwards, one that I can't help but return.