10- The Great Escape

(y/o/n)- your owl's name

It had been a long horrible summer. You and Harry would get into trouble almost on a daily basis for absolutely no reason and as punishment you would have to clean the house. During the summer Aunt Petunia told Uncle Vernon that Harry should move into your room which he surprisingly agreed so you both now shared a room. You hadn't received any letters from your friends which took you by surprise considering they said they would write. Either way if they did write, you wouldn't be able to write back since Vernon didn't allow you or Harry to realize your owls. As a result both owls grew tired of being in their cages and in protest they began to bite their cages and hoot.

"I know you wanted to get out but we can't (y/o/n)"

"And I can't let you our Hedwig, besides if Uncle Vernon-"

"HARRY AND (Y/N) POTTER!!!"

"Now you two have done it" Harry looked at Hedwig in a annoyed faced, then he stormed off.

"I know you two are bored. Just understand that we can't take you out. We would like to but we can't" in response they hooted. You quickly ran out of the room to catch up to Harry in the living room. When you got there the living room was spotless and Petunia had a cake ready in the kitchen.

"I'm warning you two, if you can't control those bloody birds of your. They will have to go" Vernon said.

"But they are bored Uncle if we let them out for an hour or two" you pleaded. The only reason for Hedwig and (y/o/n)'s behavior was due to them being locked up all summer long.

"So you could send secrets to your freaky little fiends I think not" Vernon responded.

"But we haven't had any messages from any of our friends. Not one. All summer." Harry said.

"And who would want to be friends with you?" Dudley bumped into Harry harshly, immediately regretted it when he noticed you giving him a death stare. He never dared bullying you since you were older and you would always protect Harry when the three of you were alone. Once when the three of you were alone, Harry was walking down the stairs when Dudley came up behind him and pushed him down the stairs. Seeing as his parents weren't there you took it upon yourself to show him a lesson. So you grabbed him by his sweater, pushing him into the small closet Harry was sleeping in and kept him locked there for an hour. When you released him you threaten him to do something worst if he pushed Harry again. Needless to say he was scared of you ever since.

"Now, let's go over our schedule once again, shall we? Petunia, when the Masons arrive, you will be?" Vernon was fussing about the party they threw for the Mason, who were coming to make a deal with Vernon. In Vernon's view it was the "biggest deal of his career" so he wanted things to go swell.

"In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home."

"Good. And, Dudley, you will be?"

"I'll be waiting to open the door" Dudley said, in a fancy voice. They then looked over at you.
"And you two ?" Vernon asked.

"We will be in our bedroom" Harry responded.

"Making no noise and pretending we don't exist" you said, sarcastically.

"Too right you will. With any luck, this could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my career, and you two will not mess it up" Upon hearing the doorbell ring you and Harry went to your room, it was of course Mr and Mrs. Mason. To your surprise when you entered there was an elf jumping back and forth between yours and Harry's bed. The elf stopped jumping though when he noticed you two.

"Harry and (y/n) Potter such an honor it is" the elf said.

"Oh um thank you but who are you?" You asked.