Ep 48. The Dance of Lust.

🎶. Zara Zara Behekta Hai

 Zara Zara Behekta Hai

| J A H A N V I |

| J A H A N V I |

It's been so long since I practiced Kathak. I thought I must have forgotten everything but fortunately, I still remember something and I think I did well. I was out of breath even though I danced hardly for thirty minutes. Straightening my posture, I looked at my reflection in the glass wall and smiled then grimaced. I was all sweaty and the baby hair that had escaped my braid were all sticking to the sides of my face and the back of my nape.

The song started again and I smiled remembering some good memories from the days of my Kathak lessons.

Releasing the knot of my dupatta, I wiped my face with the end of it. I walked over to the glass wall and bent to grab the water bottle I had kept on the floor. Twisting open the cap, I swallowed down some gulps of water before sighing in content. The feel of water cooling your throat and the insides of your chest is just indescribable.

I was closing the cap of the bottle when the soft click of the doorknob filled in the void, freezing me. I quickly turned, my lips parting in surprise when Reyansh's figure obscured the threshold. I first looked down at the floor, then around me in the gym before my eyes chased him again. He had walked inside now and was right in front of me.

"You came early today." I gulped. "Do you want to use the gym? I can leave. I mean, I am leaving." I fumbled with my words, deciding to just put an invisible duct tape on my mouth and walk out from here before I embarrass myself more.

I averted my eyes, fixing my gaze on the floor beneath and falling in the step beside him to walk out. I hadn't even taken a step ahead and my wrist was chained in a tight grip of his calloused fingers.

"I didn't know you could dance like this."

I frowned at his comment. What did he exactly mean by like this?

"Like this?"

Instead of the answer, he could have given me verbally, he chose to turn around and subtract the distance between us. I felt my stomach drop when his breath hit the back of my ear. "Yes. Like lust." He whispered, causing a gasp to escape past my parted lips.