I Am Married!

Dhruvv Arora

Today was the day I finally get myself into the shithole called marriage.

Yeah.. Yeah.. It was not a shithole when you were gawking at how beautiful she looks!

Yess.. I have to agree she is beautiful but then with marriage there will be unecessary drama in my life.

What if she will start controlling my life?

I have to maintain my distance from her and not give her any hopes that anything can ever start between us.

Frustrated i ran my hands in my hair.

When 3 stupid people I call my friends entered the room.
"Before you guys start with any of your nonsense talks, let me tell i am in no mood to listen to it. Don't add up to my frsutration." I said to them trying to fix the button of my sherwani.

Sachin was the first one to come to me and ask "Are you going to try to make it work?"

"Nooo... That is not even an question and you know it. You know years ago i have promised it before you guys that i wouldn't get involved in anyone." I said.

Sachin sighed and said
" You have no idea what Priya has gone through. She has enough on her plate already. Do whatever you want but don't break her than she already is." He said and patted my shoulder.

I looked at him confused.
What is he saying? Enough on her plate? Don't break her than she already is?

I was going to ask him but then Rohit Chimed in "Lets get going. It's about time."

I nodded and left my room and when we were at the entrance then i saw the last person i wanted to see right now

Rajveer Arora

My so called father. He was talking to Priya's dad.
"Who invited him in" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Don't be stupid Dhruvv. He is your father. He has to be there in your marriage." Mom said making me roll my eyes.

Father my foot!

I just ignored his presence and then saw Priya get down the stairs with Sarah's help.
I couldn't see her face because her face was covered in a red veil but i must say
Red is absolutely her colour.

Why is she having that veil on her face. I can't see her!

Why are you so eager to see her huh?
Mocked my inner voice.

I just cleared my throat and tried to look away from her but then sarah lifted off her veil and made her sit in the mandap.
I was too stunned to say anything. She was looking soo pretty though she had very sad eyes full of tears.

Ofcourse who would be happy when her fiancé declares that he does not do love?

I was in my thoughts when Rohit nudged me,
"You know i can happily take your place if you don't want to do it. She looks so beautiful! Damn!" He said and Sachin and Arjun just laughed at him.

"Rohit... You know i can happily punch your face. Are you forgetting you are talking about my to be wife ?" I said glaring at him.

" Hey i was just messing with you. Don't get all possesive." He said laughing.

Then it was time that i go and sit on mandap and perform the rituals.
Soon the rituals were done and she officially became
Dr. Priya Dhruvv Arora.
Sounds nice!

Then realisation hit me.
I am married!

Priya Khanna

I was sitting nervously on a chair and sarah was doing her job with my hair.

" What if he isn't my type?" I asked Sarah getting really nervous.

"And care to explain what is your type Ms. Khanna" Sarah said looking at me through the mirror.

" I don't know. But he said we can never have normal husband and wife relationship between us and you know very well that marriage was the only chance i had to have my own family. To have people whom i can call mine rightfully." I asked her with tears in my eyes.

"Can i not ever have a normal life?" I whispered to myself.

"You are going to have your family. After you get married to Dhruvv we are going to be your family. And Dhruvv just has his own insecurities. Just give it some time. Everything will be fine." She tried to explain me.

But a tear escaped from my eyes.

Sarah just wiped it and said "Do not spoil my make up Bridezilla!"

"Okay Okay I won't!" I told her and laughed at her stupidity.

I just hope everything goes fine !

"Are you not going to tell me to take care of your brother and never break his heart and shit?" I asked Sarah.

"You would treat my family as your own and i know it. The amount of love you have for people is infinite. You are the strongest person i've ever come across. Yess people think you have a very arrogant and rude personality but i know it is just for protecting yourself." She said smiling.

"I know you can be a bitch at times when needed but trust me when i say this Dhruvv needs a bitch like you to give him a hard time." She said laughing.

"Ohh... so you think i am a bitch huh?" I asked faking anger.

"Ohhh.. I know you are" She said and we burst out laughing.

Soon it was time that i get down and my parents were nowhere to be seen. Not even for once did they care to come and see me before i get to the mandap.
I sighed.

Don't cry! Don't cry! Don't cry!

I was reciting in my mind during going downstairs.

Then i saw Dhruvv standing over there with his family and looking at me with frown on his face.

Soon i sat on the mandap and sarah lifted my veil and said,
"Dhruvv isn't able to take his eyes off you. I bet you in a month he is going to be so whipped for you."

I looked at Dhruvv who was glaring at Rohit for god knows what reason and Sachin and Arjun were laughing their ass off.
I just looked away trying to divert my mind from the current situation.

Soon enough all the rituals started and ofcourse i got married to none other than
The Great Mr. Dhruvv Arora.

I am married!