18

That night Angelina tried to distract herself by reading and studying but it didn't work very much.

While she was reading, a scary thought appeared in her mind.

'what if Lilith Bailey is dead...?" She immediately cursed herself to think of such a thing. But what if what she thought was true?

She shuddered at the thought. Could she be really dead? No..maybe the marquess just didn't accept the Casspan's marriage proposal?

Suddenly the door opened. Marie came back with Angelina's night meal.

"Miss? Are you alright? Miss's face is pale!" Marie became worried.

"I'm...I'm alright" she sighed and messaged her temples.

"Marie"

"Yes miss?" Marie placed the tray she was carrying down on a small table.

"Have you heard of marquess Bailey's adopted daughter?" She asked Marie with anxiously

"Uh... I've heard of Marquess Bailey but I don't think I've heard about him having an adopted daughter..." Marie pondered

Angelina sighed. Marie was a maid and her only source of information was rumors, so it was understandable she didn't know.

However the storm in Angelina's heart didn't disappear. She walked towards the small table, and sat down. She began eating while Marie stood right beside her.

Marie brought her warm tea and a warm soup. It was raining so the warm food was extremely refreshing.

Angelina's heart softened. The meal was delicious. She forgot the value of a good meal. She remembered the food she was served while she was awaiting trial in prison. It was rotten food. It looked like complete mush.

But now her meal looked appetizing. It was warm too.

"Thank you Marie..." Angelina spoke quietly. Her voice could barely be heard but Marie still heard it. Angelina was a little shy thanking Marie. She hasn't thanked anyone in a long time. Since she used to be the arrogant Lilith

After eating her meal, she drank some warm water and went to bed.

The next day she wore a black gown that shows the shoulders and wore a pair of earrings.

She went downstairs for breakfast and saw the duchess looking nervous, and Evelina in a pretty good mood.

"You look pretty happy Sister..." Angelina smiled at Evelina

"Hehe! Of course!" Evelina smiled back at her. Evelina ate happily, while Angelina and the duchess had no appetite.

"Mother, what do you think the Marquess's son is like?" Evelina asked in an excited and innocent tone

"...I'm sure he's very nice..." The duchess replied

"Mm...what do you think sister?" Evelina turned to Angelina. She knew that the marquess would choose one of them and she intended it to be her.

"I don't know sister" Angelina replied innocently

"...." Evelina wanted to know what Angelina thought of Chase but Angelina didn't give her any clues.

Soon a maid came in and informed them that the Casspan family has arrived.

Angelina was nervous and scared at first but quickly calmed herself. She is used to controlling her expression and emotions, so hiding her fears are no problem.

However it seems that Evelina doesn't even try to hide her excitement.

They arrived in the entrance and saw the Casspan family entering.

Angelina felt her heart hurt. She was so nervous, she could have a heart attack.

While Angelina was over there trying to keep calm, Evelina couldn't stop smiling. Angelina glanced at Evelina with a weird look. Why is she so happy?

"Welcome Marquess and Marchioness Casspan" the duchess greeted them

"It nice to see you healthy duchess!" The Marquess was smiling widely. He seems to be in a good mood

"This is my wife, Lorea and my son, Chase" when the Marquess introduced his wife and son, the Marchioness gave them a curtsy and Chase bowed.

"These are my daughters, Evelina and Angelina" the duchess introduced them to the Marchioness Lorea and Chase.

"Hello there! I'm Evelina Skyler! The eldest daughter of duke Skyler!" She gave them a polite curtsy.

"Greetings Marquess, Marchioness and young master Casspan. I am Angelina Skyler, the youngest daughter of the duke." Angelina also gave them a polite curtsy

The Marquess smiled at them and turned to Chase.

"Hello miss Evelina and Angelina Skyler. I'm Chase Casspan, the only child of the Casspan family" he said while smiling gently.

"You three should spend time together and get to know each other better. We will be discussing in the lounge." The Marquess said while walking away with his wife and the duchess.

And just like that Angelina were left alone with the two people she hated the most. The very couple that will end her life.

It took a lot of self restraint to not run up to them to punch, slap, and curse them. Angelina's heart was beating incredibly fast. She could here her heart beating like drums.

"Um...sir Chase...may I call you brother Chase?" Evelina's voice broke Angelina's train of thoughts and brought her back to reality.

"Um...sure" Chase said. He said while looking a little uncomfortable.

'really?...you just met him Evelina, and your already calling him in such an intimate manner?' Angelina sighed. Is this really how she stole his heart?

"Alright, Brother Chase!" Evelina was smiling so happily, she was practically beaming with happiness

"Sister, sir Chase why don't we go somewhere else? It will get cold if we stay in the entrance." Angelina gave a maid a glance. The maid then led them to a lounge.

When they were all seated, one of the maids served them tea. The maid served sweet tea. Angelina and Evelina liked sweet things, but Chase didn't. They both sipped the tea, while Chase just stared at his tea cup.

Evelina didn't seem to notice, but Angelina noticed. She already knew he didn't like sweet things. She called a maid over and told them to serve him some tea that aren't sweet.

The maid nodded and left.

Chase kept staring her. And Evelina just turned a blind eye to Angelina's previous action. Only when Angelina noticed his gaze she realized her mistake.

"I noticed sir Chase doesn't seem to like the tea, so I asked them to bring something else. I hope you didn't mind." Angelina said to Chase.

Chase said nothing. He just smiled.

Alarm bells started ringing at Evelina's head and she frowned. How could her soon to be fiancee smile at her worthless sister!?
_______________

Note: sorry I didn't post a new chap in a while. I had a lot of assignments and exams this week (╥﹏╥). Imma go rest now...my brain feels like it's about to explode ( ;∀;)