lights

It has been ages since I dressed up for anything this much.

I brushed my hair, it fell down over my shoudlers in a beautiful wavy and natural state. I had applied light eyeliner wich complemented my light green eyes, my lips had a pink tone to them, it wasn't much but I looked presentable.

(Leyla's outfit)

Every year in september, the beginning of the schoolyear our town organises a party

Every year in september, the beginning of the schoolyear our town organises a party. Of course we had to go every year as my parents were very well known around here, and they didn't want me to be introverted and stay at home so I had to attend as always.

I checked myself one last time in the mirror before walking downstairs where everyone was already ready.

Also my parents never said or explained what happened yesterday. They just told me I shouldn't leave the house when it's already getting dark. They were really worried even though those were just rumors, they should have known that better then everyone. I suspect they hzve heard something really bad because normally they are never this worried.

I decided not to tell them I may have already met the man.

It would only cause drama and more questions.

'Leyla you look beautiful' my mom looked up from her phone only to wonder her eyes over me 'I bet all the boys will be willing to talk to you there.'

I made a face in disgust.

My dad smiled and chuckled a little while my mother shaked her head with an amused expression plastered on her face. Just in that moment my younger brother entered the kitchen looking more adorable then ever. Just like that we left the house, heading down town.

The center of the town was belighted with lights hanging everywhere, they had decorated it very well. Loud music was playing in the background while people were talking and socialising. I actually really liked these type of town partys and my town enjoyed holding such events.

The nature looked beautiful under all the lights.

Many people looked over at us as we made our way over, many greeted my parents, some complimenting me and I thanked them with a genuine smile. My parents were talking to everyone as always. I took my little brother's hand, leading him to the play ground. My brother was only four years old, I felt so responsible for him. He was my everything and I would do anything to keep him safe. That's why I always looked over him so that my mom could enjoy at least one work free evening.

Katharina's family had arrived as well and while our parents were both having fun socialising, we were playing with my little brother on the small playground where a few other kids were having fun as well.

We were laughing at a stupid word my brother couldn't speak out, he struggled with some words still.

Suddenly I heard a gasp, my head turned to look at what was happening behind me immediately. That is when I spotted the dark figure walking through town, heading towards the woods. He had sunglasses on, but I knew how his face looked without. He was wearing his usual black plants, with black converse and a thick meather jacket wuth a grey hoodie underneath. He didn't bother with all the stares, and let me tell you there were a lot of them including mine. Some people tried to act normal and kept talking but even their eyes were widened.

I on the other hand couldn't look away from him, I felt a light warmth in my stomach because I saw him again. He was far away from me, not even close to where everyone was standing under the beautiful lights. He walked on the dark side of the road, but his eyes roamed over the public. He was observing our reactions, his expression was unreadable.

Suddenly I felt his eyes on mine, even though I couldn't see where exactly he was looking but I felt it. For a split second he had looked at me, then fruther into the public and then his gaze was focused onto the woods again.

When he finally disappeared, everyone went back to what they were doing.

I was listening to a conversation my parents where having with some other people I didn't quite now.

'Such a shame' my dad spoke with frustration 'he could have done so many good thing with his life, but instead chose such path.'

'Some people are just born evil, Emilio.'

evil

'I heard he has a beautiful face' another man spoke 'and that he is really intelligent.'

beautiful face

intelligent

'Such a waste.'

waste

'Leyla ?' I finally looked over at Kat who looked just as taken back as I was.

'That is the guy that saved you ?'

I nod watching her expression.

'If he's so bad' she seemed confused 'why did he save you and not kill you.'

'I'm asking that myself as well.'

'I wonder what he did that the entire town is so scared of him.'

'It should be something really really bad.'

'Or just a big lie.'

'Maybe.'